PDA

View Full Version : UT3 DM-Collider [BETA1][PC][PICS][DOWNLOAD]

SmokeRingHalo
10th Sep 2008, 06:28 PM
Title: DM-Collider
Version: 2.0/Full
Platform: UT3 PC
Compatibility: Patch 1.3
Description: The Liandri SuperCollider has been responsible for breakthroughs in Slow Field technology as byproducts from the experiments were discovered to effect matter & mass. Prolonged exposure to these particle byproducts though have shown to effect ones molecular structure and is being researched for possible uses in Invisibilty technology as well. However, direct exposure to the SuperCollider beam is almost always fatal & should be avoided at all costs.
Dr. Helen Boson, Head of particle research at Liandri Corporation, holds a private unsanctioned tournament at the SuperCollider lab. She taunts contestants barking orders from her control room, ready to flip the SuperCollider switch at any given moment.

There are NO plans for a PS3 version at this time
Screenshots:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7777/image1sd7.jpg

10. Downloads:

http://static2.filefront.com/ffv6/graphics/b_dl_now.gif (http://files.filefront.com/DM+Colliderzip/;12089447;/fileinfo.html)
Fileplanet (http://www.fileplanet.com/193206/190000/fileinfo/DM-Collider)

Additional Credits:
Hourences for the all the Tutorials - http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm
DGUnreal & Epic for making the skydome Texture & Mesh available - http://www.lilchips.com/dgunreal/ut3-skies.asp
Homepage: myspace.com/smokeringhalo (http://www.myspace.com/smokeringhalo)

CHANGE LOG FROM BETA 1
----------------------------
* Added Blocking volumes over skylight windows
* Added Blocking volume pass through collider
* Changed Colliders Damage type
* Set Colliders physics volume to destructive
* Made area around Bio Rifle more enclosed
* Moved 2 player starts
* Moved 2 medium health pickups
* More lights & decorative meshes added

SERVER ADMIN:
------------
If your a server admin & add DM-Collider on your server, pm me over at the epic forums and let me know so that I can add your server to the list of servers running the map (so that people can find it easier to try it online).

HOMAGE:
------------
Granted I cannot legally charge for my map, but I'm not above accepting donations.
If you like the map or want to motivate me somehow, tossing me a buck or two would be very much appreciated.

http://smokeringhalo.chipin.com/vctf-wastelands

BETA Released on the same day the CERN Hadron SuperCollider went live. 09/10/08

TheIronKnuckle
11th Sep 2008, 06:45 PM
looks quite nice and way to celebrate the "end" of the world!

SmokeRingHalo
12th Sep 2008, 12:19 PM
NEWS: DM-Collider receives 10 out of 10 review score from filefront staff
10 out of 10 - Filefront Rating Score (http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/DMCollider;93887)
"Oh man! HONESTLY this is the best user-submitted map I've played so far in UT3. It's large for a deathmatch map, but that's just fine by me! The effects, story line, theme, and use of kismet is outstanding. It's hard to describe this map, you just gotta download and see for yourself. Truly a unique map, and sure to become a hit on DM servers. I had to play in god mode so I could take a tour of the place....lots of post-processing effects that really hypnotize."

Kantham
12th Sep 2008, 12:23 PM
Okay...

The_Head
12th Sep 2008, 12:48 PM
Your really are an attention whore. Please do link to the filefront review :lol:
Wasn't it you asking for donations on a previous map?
The UI stuff coming up on the hud when ingame saying the map name and who made it is quite irritating too.

On the other hand:

The particle accelerator is smart, although I'd have to play it more to work out whether there is a need for just how much kismet you have behind it. Same with the powerplay sequence, looks overly complicated again.
I Would be interested if you could explain what it actually does :)

You seem to have a fascination with using gates in kismet, and unless I'm missing something, half of them aren't even doing anything, I've not really experimented with them mind.

Overall I'd say the map is FAR too big for DM, You've mirrored it straight down the middle. I'd either can half of the map, or switch it over to something more like CTF.

SmokeRingHalo
12th Sep 2008, 01:09 PM
Your really are an attention whore. Please do link to the filefront review :lol:
Wasn't it you asking for donations on a previous map?
The UI stuff coming up on the hud when ingame saying the map name and who made it is quite irritating too.

1) F**k you.
2) The link is there
3) Yes & was removed but I see you're still bringing it up
4) Good. Put it on a server & it will disappear. It only works offline.

On the other hand:

The particle accelerator is smart, although I'd have to play it more to work out whether there is a need for just how much kismet you have behind it. Same with the powerplay sequence, looks overly complicated again.
I Would be interested if you could explain what it actually does :)

1) Yes I know it's smart
2) No I won't. Not after insulting me.

You seem to have a fascination with using gates in kismet, and unless I'm missing something, half of them aren't even doing anything, I've not really experimented with them mind.

I don't have a fascination with gates. They serve a purpose, even if that purpose is simply to open/close the input on the gate itself.

Overall I'd say the map is FAR too big for DM, You've mirrored it straight down the middle. I'd either can half of the map, or switch it over to something more like CTF.

Maybe

Wormbo
12th Sep 2008, 01:49 PM
2) The link is there
That links to the download. But what you call a "review" is only part of the map description, i.e. it's from you, not from an independent reviewer.

hal
12th Sep 2008, 02:01 PM
Please don't bypass the censor bot. Also, calm down folks.

SmokeRingHalo
12th Sep 2008, 03:20 PM
That links to the download. But what you call a "review" is only part of the map description, i.e. it's from you, not from an independent reviewer.

Wrong.
Its from either Kouen or Relic who in their haste or excitement forgot to attach their name to it. I have sent a message to each of them asking them to please do so even before you posted because I knew people (especially here @ BU) would accuse me of being dishonest.

EDIT: I find it difficult to believe knowing how long you've been around, that you honestly didn't know that ut200xfiles puts all their reviews into the map description field.

The_Head
12th Sep 2008, 03:55 PM
EDIT: I find it difficult to believe knowing how long you've been around, that you honestly didn't know that ut200xfiles puts all their reviews into the map description field.

I thought you said the review was on filefront, not on ut200xfiles?

SmokeRingHalo
12th Sep 2008, 04:05 PM
I thought you said the review was on filefront, not on ut200xfiles?

ut200x files is part of the filefront network.
Is there anything that you people wont whine about? Seriously.

hal
12th Sep 2008, 04:50 PM
Alright, so I played it.

In my opinion the sight lines are far too long thoughout the map. It seems as though that would minimize the effect of several of the weapons. Plus you have sniper towers and boots that let you get way up into the roof.

However, despite the fact that the map consits of two large mirrored rooms that are more or less filled with ramp meshes, there are some really neat things going on in there. The collider looks fantastic and I love the way the announcer calls out the powerups. There are other little neat things here and there too and the city outside the map looks cool.

If it were scaled down a bit overall and you put two flags in there, you might have yourself a pretty neat CTF map. The collider would act somewhat like the freight train in VCTF-Off The Rails. It would be especially entertaining with the Slow Field pickup that you have in the center.

SmokeRingHalo
12th Sep 2008, 04:56 PM
Thank you Hal for the unbiased feedback. I had thought about a CTF version and halving the DM version but I really wanted to release on the day the CERN Supercollider went live.
I do appreciate you reviewing the map instead of reviewing said author.

hal
12th Sep 2008, 05:05 PM
I think you made the right decision to not halve the map. It might have been hard to make the collider as central a part of the map as it is now.

For some reason the map DM-Goliath from UT2004 came to mind when I was playing it. Mostly because it's a mirrored map with big rooms and somewhat central choke points.

As unconventional as it is, I really dig the sniper towers as it reminds me of some of the things level designers used to do with Unreal custom maps. Yeah that sniper is going to totally piss you off, but when you get up there, you get your turn at the wheel. ;) I'm pretty sure for this reason though, it wouldn't be the kind of map you'd see on any hypothetical ladders.

Still, pretty cool stuff. Thanks for posting it.

T2A`
12th Sep 2008, 06:04 PM
DM-Goliath isn't mirrored and it doesn't have a central choke point. :(

hal
12th Sep 2008, 10:50 PM
Well balls. That's what I get for uninstalling UT2004.

Interbellum
14th Sep 2008, 09:28 AM
collider looks fantastic and I love the way the announcer calls out the powerups.

Yep, the map's full of nice little touches and feels quite polished. Nice job!

You did WHAT!? :eek: While I must admit that I play a lot less 2K4 than I used to, I'd never uninstall it. Too much classic (custom) stuff in there that will never be ported...

xMurphyx
14th Sep 2008, 10:32 AM
There is an unofficial CTF version of Goliath. Maybe you mixed those two up.
Here is a link to it:
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3700

TheIronKnuckle
14th Sep 2008, 07:13 PM
There is an unofficial CTF version of Goliath. Maybe you mixed those two up.
Here is a link to it:
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3700
thanks a lot for that! What a find....

SmokeRingHalo
21st Oct 2008, 02:11 AM
The Collider is now online. Full version Released.

Quaglax
6th Nov 2008, 11:01 AM
Halo...your an *******...I played this map..its ok...I've definately played much better maps. I dont like the bland color palate used...it looks like you just took a **** all over the map. And you saying "**** you" to someone earlier who was stating their opinion on your ****ty map shows that you, chief, are an *******. I took the map out of my game and I wont recommend it to anyone.

hal
6th Nov 2008, 11:21 AM
No need for personal attacks.

M.A.D.X.W
6th Nov 2008, 01:01 PM
Halo...your an *******...I played this map..its ok...I've definately played much better maps. I dont like the bland color palate used...it looks like you just took a **** all over the map. And you saying "**** you" to someone earlier who was stating their opinion on your ****ty map shows that you, chief, are an *******. I took the map out of my game and I wont recommend it to anyone.

:eek:A bit harsh!

TheIronKnuckle
6th Nov 2008, 04:33 PM
L A W L.

You're just re-enforcing his stereotypes by insulting him you know. I found this map to be awsome and will recommend it to anyone.

Quaglax
9th Nov 2008, 01:16 PM
:eek:A bit harsh!

Sometimes the truth can be harsh :)

SmokeRingHalo
21st Nov 2008, 01:56 PM

LOL!
Sounds like one of my replies, in fact worse than anything I've posted that I'm aware of. You do realize the reason I'm disliked is because of my poor online social skills, and that now you have become the very thing you claim to despise?
Congratulations Anakin, welcome to the dark side.

M.A.D.X.W
21st Nov 2008, 02:00 PM
lol @ the tags :lol:

evilmrfrank
21st Nov 2008, 02:43 PM
LOL!
Sounds like one of my replies, in fact worse than anything I've posted that I'm aware of. You do realize the reason I'm disliked is because of my poor online social skills, and that now you have become the very thing you claim to despise?
Congratulations Anakin, welcome to the dark side.

I think thats your nicest reply Ive seen yet :P Especially to something so negative.

_Lynx
21st Nov 2008, 03:20 PM
DM-Goliath isn't mirrored and it doesn't have a central choke point. :(
However CTF Goliath from some later mappack was exactly what hal described - mirrored stuff with a chokepoint connection near teh deemer

hal
21st Nov 2008, 03:53 PM
However CTF Goliath from some later mappack was exactly what hal described - mirrored stuff with a chokepoint connection near teh deemer
Yes! I knew I wasn't nuts!

TheIronKnuckle
21st Nov 2008, 04:42 PM
it came in a pack now?