UE3 - UT3 Wierd Error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[H3D]Pendragon

Teammember on UT3JB
Sep 5, 2008
Hedsteem.com
I made an EXTREAMLY simple map. I've imported nothing. I used materials from the ASC_Base, UN_Liquid and HU_Deco. I've made several maps in the past, so I am not a noob to this stuff, this is just my simplest one.

I built and cooked the map with no errors. When I send it to people, it crashes both their editor and game.

So I opened the map in my editor and looked immediately at the log.

Code:
Cmd: MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Users\jlee\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\VCTF-H3D-KickIntTheFace.ut3"
Log: Encountered missing default brush - spawning new one
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_2'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.UIState_Focused_0.UIStateSequence_2' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_3'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.UIState_Active_0.UIStateSequence_3' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_1'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.UIState_Disabled_0.UIStateSequence_1' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_0'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.UIState_Enabled_0.UIStateSequence_0' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_4'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.UIState_Pressed_0.UIStateSequence_4' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_5'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.UIState_TargetedTab_0.UIStateSequence_5' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_7'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.VoteTab.UIState_Disabled_1.UIStateSequence_7' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_6'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.VoteTab.UIState_Enabled_1.UIStateSequence_6' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: No correct parent found for 'UIStateSequence_8'.  Try entering 'OBJ REFS class=UIStateSequence name=UI_InGameHud.Menus.MidGameMenu:MidGameSafeRegion.TabControl.UITabButton_7.VoteTab.UIState_Focused_1.UIStateSequence_8' into the command window to determine how this sequence object is being referenced.
Log: Finished looking for orphan Actors (0.010 secs)
Cmd: MAP CHECKDEP DONTCLEARMESSAGES

So, has anyone had had anything like this happen? Any ideas?

[H3D]Pendragon

Teammember on UT3JB
Sep 5, 2008
Hedsteem.com
Error Message

Everyone that tries to open this map, gets the same error.

Code:
md: MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\VCTF-H3D-KickIntTheFace.ut3"
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The parameter is incorrect. (87)
Log: === Critical error: ===
Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812aeb (filename not found) 
CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found) 
Address = 0xb9da32   (filename not found) 
Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

[H3D]Pendragon

Teammember on UT3JB
Sep 5, 2008
Hedsteem.com
Size:

The map is only 1.2 meg. It is Very small, my friends PC has 4 gig of memory with 4 gig virtual mem on the hard drive. memory isn't really the issue, so what is?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
The memory is just a standard error, it is not really out of memory.

I don't know what caused it but it seems completely dead to me. Did you do anything strange? No backup? Where the pre cooked level? Look for Autosave levels, search for Autosave, should get a lot.

[H3D]Pendragon

Teammember on UT3JB
Sep 5, 2008
Hedsteem.com
I've disalbled the auto save. Both the cooked and uncooked maps don't open for my friends (the cooked in game, and both in the editor). None of us know why.

By the way, great tutorials.

As of now, none of my maps, will open on anyones computer but mine. I am running vista, but the first map I made, VCTF Chamber of Heros, works fine.

The download for the current, uncooked one is here: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+H3D+KickIntTheFaceut3/;11752465;/fileinfo.html

I'd love it if you could figure it out, but my bet is you won't even be able to open it.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Log: Missing cached shader map for material ParkWars_Mat

But besides that I can open this perfectly fine.

http://users.telenet.be/Hourences/VCTF-H3D-KickIntTheFace2.zip
Resaved it, also included t3d export so you can import it.

I think you may have some naming issues. All package names must be super unique and may not contain spaces and all that. Look if you have a UPK file with the name of the level, or anything else that is duplicate.

[H3D]Pendragon

Teammember on UT3JB
Sep 5, 2008
Hedsteem.com
Hmm...

Do you use vista or XP? I am wondering why You could open this, but none of my 4 other mapping companions could. I use Vista, they all use XP.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Well does the new file work?

I use XP 32 bit. Maybe your friends have the same kind of non standard packages installed that cause this. For example because they all have an old map/package you once made that is actually the culprit.