UE2 - UT2kX How to have a scripted bot attack player on sight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Binnkin

Sep 2, 2008
Hello all, I am in the process of trying my hand at scripting with the Unreal 2004 editor and things are going relatively well. I created a bot and it is walking to and from the path nodes I created, but I was curious how to go about having him actually attack the player when he encounters him. As of now, he walks back and forth even when being shot at. Was wondering what I could do that would free him from that script and have him simply attack.
Also, I managed to accidently hide a trigger within the editor instead of hiding it in the game so I see it when i play but not when I am working within the editor. Anyone know of a way to get to its properties?
One last thing. Ive been messing around with just placing xpawn monsters in the area and they walk around until i click to spawn. As soon as I move off the spawnpoint they all appear from the spawn. Thought there was a way to keep them where they were placed in the game. Thank you for your time.

Best,
Binnkin

Last edited:

Binnkin

Sep 2, 2008
bump. I dont know if it would make a difference but I am actually using UT3.

Thanks again.