PDA

View Full Version : UT3 [WIP] Jailbreak teaser video

SirTahngarth
30th Aug 2008, 03:46 AM
We have finally gotten into a (relatively bug free too :D ) early alpha stage with UT3 Jailbreak after a long hiatus. So you can see the progress we've made, I made a quick teaser trailer so you can see what's up and running. I even snuck in a little new feature for your enjoyment :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmI5rC9gjJo

P.S. I'm new to video capture and yes I know the audio is out of sync :)

Whats this Jailbreak thingy you ask? No, it's not a way to hack your iPhone to use Verizon's network (A recurring topic on our Jailbreak forum), it's a fun gametype for UT3 that was also made for UT99 and 2k3/4. Learn more about it here:

http://jailbreak.beyondunreal.com/

Sjosz
30th Aug 2008, 04:22 AM
:mad::tup: YEAH!

G.Lecter
30th Aug 2008, 06:51 AM
Before you all start to bitch... the Hoverboard will not be enabled by default, it's just a map specific feature. ;)

And of course anyone that wants to join is welcome, I'd be good to have more mappers and 2d/3d artists right now! :)

Kantham
30th Aug 2008, 08:32 AM
I'd be good to have more mappers and 2d/3d artists right now! :)

I really don't want to be a dick, but if the level shown in the youtube video is all you got... damn. :p
JailBreak was fun, I already contributed to it for a reason. :tup:

The_Head
30th Aug 2008, 08:46 AM
Its a fully functioning test map I made, was never meant to be anything special, it isn't gonna be in the final release! Made it a few weeks back as a test bed for the code.

I'm currently working on another map, and have another planned.

We do need more mappers though :)

Wormbo
30th Aug 2008, 08:58 AM
The level really only provides a test environment. We'll toss it out as soon as we get prettier maps with working jail and arena setups. ;)

SirTahngarth
30th Aug 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah- it's been such a long time since most people had heard anything from us, that I did this to let everyone know it's still alive :)

DarkSonny
30th Aug 2008, 01:27 PM
Yay!! Greats news for Jailbreak fans thanks guys!

Hey G.lecter are you doing planning maps again for fun? :tup:

The_Head
30th Aug 2008, 02:33 PM
Two teaser pictures from a WIP map for you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/The_Head/UT3%20Maps/01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/The_Head/UT3%20Maps/05.jpg

Still very work in progress though.

Mclogenog
30th Aug 2008, 03:34 PM
Woooh yeah! Jailbreak! Might want a future HOLP pack for this...

G.Lecter
30th Aug 2008, 04:37 PM
Hey G.lecter are you doing planning maps again for fun? :tup:That's very unlikely to happen, but who knows... ;)

@TheHead: Looking good! :tup:

DannyMeister
30th Aug 2008, 06:14 PM
Oh boy! I'm glad to get some news. A friend of mine was just asking me yesterday if Jailbreak is out yet. He's upgrading his computer and buying ut3 as soon as it is.

evilmrfrank
30th Aug 2008, 06:25 PM
I would be interested in joining as a mapper, it would all depend on your release schedule as I don't have the time now. If its not going to be released for like 3 months than I would be able to contribute :)

DannyMeister
30th Aug 2008, 06:34 PM
Last I heard (may be different now) they were mainly looking for coders. Of course having as many jailbreak maps as we can get would be great :)

I would actually love to join the team as a coder... I just don't really have anything to show off unrealscript-wise. I am a programmer by profession, but I can see how a team of this caliber would be hesitant to take on an unproven coder.

Edit:
Now that I have my pc up and running after a bummer of a summer with a dead motherboard, maybe I can get some work done on the ut3 Tower Defense mod I have planned.

Back on topic, how has the code development been going so far? Has any of the complaints I have heard about this iteration of ut's modding difficulties proved to be much of a problem?

JohnDoe641
30th Aug 2008, 07:18 PM
I loved JB in 2k4, especially playing for the BuF JB team which basically dominated the TWL JB ladder. :D

SirTahngarth
30th Aug 2008, 11:36 PM
actually, with Wormbo hard at work on the JB code, we could definitely use more maps, and someone with modelling skills for a few odds and ends we'll need.

SmokeRingHalo
31st Aug 2008, 01:42 AM
Jailbreak has always been one of my favorite mods for both ut99/2k4 & i've been looking forward to a release for UT3. Sadly though, with the fall lineup of incredible titles fast approaching, i fear that by the time jailbreak is actually released, UT3 will have gone the way of the dodo.

The_Head
31st Aug 2008, 03:58 AM
evilmrfrank, We haven't planned an exact time yet, but we want to enter the MSUC. As it stands a release won't be any time soon as we have a few more bits of code to implement, aswell as a lot of maps and other content required!

Dannymeister, the core code is pretty much covered by Wormbo, but there are other areas that will need coding which Wormbo is leaving for others, implementing the dynamic music and working on getting llamas to work are two things that need doing at the moment if you are interested?

People interested in working on the mod come join us on irc in #utjb or post in our forums. Easier for us to keep track of that way :)

ne_skaju
31st Aug 2008, 10:19 AM
Thats one of my favorite mods, along with domination.

2v2 arenas? I waited this to be added for long time :lol:

DarkSonny
31st Aug 2008, 11:02 AM
The_Head your JB map looks very dangerous! :D and it have an interesting touch keep on with your map dude :tup:

JB arena? sounds very fun mmm. interesting :D

G.lecter, pisha, animate aunque tarde un tiempo en crear mapas para ut3 vi algunos mapas tuyos en el pasado y me gustan tio, mola el mod! :tup:

CrysAk
2nd Sep 2008, 04:28 PM
sweet!

WaitForTheRain
2nd Sep 2008, 06:00 PM
This is going to be great - I'd happily contribute a map or so if you want.

SirTahngarth
3rd Sep 2008, 12:59 AM
We'd welcome it. :) Get started on something, or if you want to convert something you've already done (CTF maps tend to be decent JB maps) Ask Wormbo about access to the JB dev forum :)

WaitForTheRain
3rd Sep 2008, 09:19 AM
OK :)

Al
3rd Sep 2008, 09:20 AM
Nice! Jailbreak!

cooloola
3rd Sep 2008, 02:57 PM
actually, with Wormbo hard at work on the JB code, we could definitely use more maps, and someone with modelling skills for a few odds and ends we'll need.
If you're interested I'm more than willing to make a JB map, i've always loved the gametype. Here's one of my WIP maps for UT3 http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2175992#post2175992

TheIronKnuckle
4th Sep 2008, 01:35 AM
Tears come to mine eyes! It is a glorious day when Jailbreak recieves an update!

The_Head
4th Sep 2008, 05:02 AM
If you're interested I'm more than willing to make a JB map, i've always loved the gametype. Here's one of my WIP maps for UT3 http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2175992#post2175992

Head over to the jailbreak forums ;)

It looks fantastic, but can't try it whilst at work.