PDA

View Full Version : Current Models

stevenhorton
18th Aug 2008, 09:47 PM
Here is my work from the last two days. I have a second UV channel for the editor to use for lightmaps. The center image shows my old and new elevator, with vertex lighting. The three around the sides show the new grain elevator with lightmapping.

ProjectX
19th Aug 2008, 01:34 AM
Looking pretty sweet Steve! I've got to get some screens of my map up here at some point (it's progressing quite well actually, I've just got to sort out what I'm going to do about set-pieces for it).

Obviously with normal mapping in place these things will come to life and look higher-poly, how are you going to do the normals? Generate them or model them?

With the textures in use, I'd suggest just procedurally generating them with something like mapZone since there's nothing "special" (e.g. insignia or text or something) in the textures that couldn't be made procedurally.

keaukrine
19th Aug 2008, 04:19 AM
Good model, and not too much high-poly. I like it. With normal-mapped texture on it it will look quite realistic, I suppose.

stevenhorton
19th Aug 2008, 08:04 AM
The model is normal mapped as well, you are just too far away to see the effect.

ProjectX
19th Aug 2008, 11:51 AM
Is it? I can see some of the textures are, but those tiles can't be surely!

stevenhorton
20th Aug 2008, 05:26 PM
I increased the normal map contrast. Better?

keaukrine
21st Aug 2008, 12:50 AM
Better.

ProjectX
21st Aug 2008, 01:37 AM
Yeah that's good. There's a lot more detail to it now. What sort of thing have you got planned for those meshes?

stevenhorton
22nd Aug 2008, 05:35 PM
I still want to make a dock like map, that is almost more obstacle course than race course. The grain elevator is made to drive through.

ProjectX
26th Aug 2008, 11:54 AM
Sounds awesome, work is still progressing really well on my Cavern-map. I'm torn between adding lava or not as I think it looks pretty good without it tbh. I'll upload some shots for you guys soon

stevenhorton
1st Sep 2008, 08:19 PM
Here are most of my UT3 meshes to date.

keaukrine
2nd Sep 2008, 12:56 AM
Quite a plenty of stuff for docks map, great job done.