The F.W. Cartel S&R Warehouse (DDOM) - Dev Thread **56k warning**

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
NOTE: This is my development thread for DDOM-CartelWarehouse (aka The Frederick Wayne {F.W.} Cartel Shipping & Receiving {S&R} Warehouse). All updates will be posted here. :)

Hello all. :D Since the last map I made was back in February 1 (CTF-Pagnite Beta 3 {in dev 3 release format XD}), I've decided to make a level for my good ol' pal BlackCheetah/Lauren's Double Domination mod. Their mod only came with one level, and it was a remix from his Onslaught mod. I figured I could create a warehouse type level.

Also note: this map was supposed to be in the ut99.org mappack, but because of significant delays, I have withdrawn from it and making this map separate. (UPDATE August 1, 2008: This map is now a part of the DDOM mod for UT. :) )

New News:

Tech Demo 2 is coming along nicely. :) The Blue base is 4/5 complete, the ship needs the decos, trim, and possibly new textures for some stuff, such as the upper deck and inside the ship. Other than that, the blue base is coming along quite nicely. I am thinking of making the skybox different (and I need to fix the damn position of it too, it's too close to the edge XD), and I'm goign to convert the AAD brushes from a semisolid back into a solid, due to BSP holes. :(

Old News:

So far, I've developed the Red base for the Warehouse, but it's not even half complete BSP wise (about 2/5 BSP complete). I'm building in different sections, starting from the red base, and building outward...and once the red base section is done , I'll duplicate it (and modify it slightly) for the blue base. :)

I will only give out 2 pictures, because the level only started 4 days ago. XD But also cut me some slack, only the BSP, trim, crates, some starter points, skybox, and red domination point is made. :) Only 4 days into the making does not mean alto to me, as I'm an extremely slow mapper (and having a hectic+tight schedule doesn't help at all :( ).

Pictures:

Tech Demo 2 *PREVIEW 2C*:

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-19-18-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-19-35-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-19-47-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-20-20-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-20-28-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-23-47-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-21-39-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-21-24-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-21-48-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-21-52-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-22-04-.png

UnrealTournament2008-08-1317-22-45-.png

More pictures here: VIEW

More info:

Name of Level: The Frederick Wayne Cartel Shipping & Receiving Warehouse
Theme: Warehouse for Boat and Rail
Music: Conspiravision & Organic
Recommended Players: approx 4-14
Known Issues with Development: For some reason, some of the textures that I've MyLeveled are still in their original texture package, and refused to be MyLeveled. I'll fix this somehow before the final Tech Demo 2 is done. :)

P.S. As you can see from the AAD (Advanced Architectural Design), there are small BSP holes, which are caused from transforming the Brushes to a semi-solid. This will be fixed in the final Tech Demo 2 (when the blue base will basically be feature complete :D ).

Comments & Criticism are welcome. :D

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Mapping standpoint: Incredible layout. Nice. Specially the doorways. :tup:
I don't like the red bricks in the second set though.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Mapping standpoint: Incredible layout. Nice. Specially the doorways. :tup:
I don't like the red bricks in the second set though.

The second set is what the former red base "now the blue base" looks like. Basically those are older screeenshots, I just put then there to show you how far I've developed from the earlier version. :)

I'll modify the title or somethign for easier understanding. :)

And I'm glad you like. :D Gotta love the 2D Editor :tup:

Edit1: Deleted the old Prototype 2A pictures and section. :)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
They aren't that big, are they. Most people nowadays use a standard screen resolution of 1280x1024, right ? Seems ok with me. I suppose screenshot tags wouldn't hurt, but it's not really required imho.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Now I'm on my laptop and it's the standard 1024x8** resolution (never remember all those numbers :p). And no, it's the standard one... Most people use this.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I use 1024x768
Those pics mess up the forum tables.
But what ever. I was more keen on seeing high def pics.

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
Sorry, but those doorways look kind of silly for a warehouse theme, looks more like something that belongs on a space ship. You might want to add more details too, such as grates, fans, vents, pipes, panels etc... make it feel like a warehouse. There are some good textures in richrig and rainfx for warehouse type themes.