The Ball Part 2 - Oztoc - Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The second part of The Ball has been announced. Oztoc (in the cave) brings a number of new things to this singleplayer UT3 modification:

• Meet the ruler and guardian of the temple (shown in the screenshots, by eLuSiVe with additional help from Manti). This monstrous king will observe the player as he progresses through the level and occasionally activate traps.
  • Enjoy improved ball behavior and a simple but efficient hud. Also fixed was the irritating "getting stuck inside the ball" bug.
  • Puzzle their way through a level that will be at least three times the size of the Pehua level, and twice the complexity.
  • Experience a whole number of new gameplay mechanics such as water, rains of arrows, big and very hot balls that don't like you very much, and more low gravity!
  • Meet a bunch of "friendly" but semi dead monkeys who inhabit the temple (shown in screenshots, by Tores)

They are still seeking at least one additional programmer and capable singleplayer mappers. The announcement thread has more details.

In case you missed it, check out our Q&A with development lead, Hourences.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Great theme and nice atmosphere. I like the idea and style of the 'dead monkeys'. Also the 'keeper' looks fantastic and well designed.
Keep up the good work. I like it! :)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Damn you. Now my question lost any kind of edge.

Was playing with your balls fun the first time round?
I never got round to it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I didn't get past the first one, while I already had the ball in place, it then fell down and i was lazy to get it up again, became bit boring, not my style of game. I want to shoot someone finally and not getting frustrated also by fps problems or whatever, yeah well the last time i played online on some custom map at UT3 DM, i had like 4 FPS in there and got only 1 frag for a match (it was the most laggy map for me although others had no problem with it and had 60 FPS there lol), most of maps are not like that and it is fault of this laptop anyway (I can't even start normal PC on now).
Maps of Ball have good FPS though, but its hard to control i on laptop, harder than dm or wahtever so i gave up with ball.