UE3 - UT3 Water splashes in UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dnaumov

Jul 12, 2008
Does anyone have any idea how to make the water make visual splashes when you jump into it in UT3? I have a working water zone and it makes a proper splashy sound when I enter it, I also have a sheet-brush with the water texture, but quite obviously since they are separate entities, entering the zone does nothing to the sheet-brush surface.

How do I make a visual splash effect?

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
The water volume does that automatically, so just add a volume to the area where you want the water. If you shoot the volume with an enforcer you should see a splash and be able to tell if its working or not.

dnaumov

Jul 12, 2008
I haven't tried shooting it, as I have only been testing the map in the editor, but I can say for sure that jumping in the water and in and out of water makes no splashes on the surface of the water volume.

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
I just tried it because I was sure I'd seen it and creating a water volume does come with a splash effect...maybe you need to make it deeper.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Usualy the water does still splash when you shoot it in the editor for me so i'm not sure why it isn't for you