How to stop model flipping.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

juvenile_delinquent

Aug 5, 2008
Hi, I'm new here. And I'm hooked onto UT2003 Bombing Run.
I loved the threads here at BU. Very helpful. I decided I had to join.

So anyways, you know how the models flip when you double jump or dodge-jump. Well I wanted to know if theres a way to stop it from doing that.
I know some of them don't flip by default.
But I'm sure I saw this guy playing with either Remus or Romulus and the model doesn't flip.

I read this thread by a guy who said that he downloaded some skin and because of that his model wasn't flipping, but other posts denied it saying it was because of the model.

Hope you can help me out.

----------------
Now playing: Def Leppard - Rock Of Ages
via FoxyTunes

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
"Model" only means the shape and animations (including whether to "flip" when double-jumping) of a character, "skin" is the texture on the model. "Character" is the combination of a certain model with a certain skin and a few other things, e.g. voice pack, bot skill and preferences.

juvenile_delinquent

Aug 5, 2008
lol...
I don't mean to be mean. But if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have brought this up really.

And I'm sure it can be done because I've seen it.

Just tell me how to make Remus or Romulus or even Scarab not flip.
How to "use a character with another model".

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
It's probably a custom remake of the character with slightly modified animations. However, if you've seen it, then you probably have the files in your cache. Use a cache extractor tool to find out.