Unreal intro for UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Hey, this is something else I remember I did once and would like to do again... How would one go about getting the Unreal 1 intro into UT, with the fly-by of the castle?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Open the UnrealTournament.INI file.
Change LocalMap=CityIntro.unr to LocalMap=Unreal.unr

LocalMap is just near the beginning of the file. You need the FlyBy map from Unreal obviously.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Quite simple really:

- Copy unreal.unr from Unreal/Maps folder
- Paste it into UnrealTournament/Maps folder
- Rename Unreal.unr to Flyby.unr (Otherwise this will error with "Can't find local package Flyby")
- Edit UnrealTournament.ini, change LocalMap to
LocalMap=Flyby.unr
- Run game !
Music is missing though even if you do copy flyby.umx over to the music folder.
Unfortunately since the Unreal menu is called in the map file you'll have different menu options for starting a single player Unreal game. This won't work with Unreal Tournament.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I don't suppose anyone could send me the map, eh? I don't have Unreal (it won't play right on my computer, looks choppy and grainy and runs at about 10 FPS)

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I don't suppose anyone could send me the map, eh? I don't have Unreal (it won't play right on my computer, looks choppy and grainy and runs at about 10 FPS)

Either patch it up, or snag a glide wrapper/install a Voodoo2 if you're a initial release purist

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Still, try the map without renaming it.

EDIT: I tried it right now. The map shouldn't be renamed. Keep it Unreal.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yea, keep it Unreal or even overwrite CityIntro and change the LevelInfo settings of the map. You need to use the correct GameType for it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
What the hell seriously, flyby is the music file, that's why it gives you the error, if you don't have flyby.umx you fail then, no need for renaming **** as Erosion said. :p

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
LOL,
If you don't have the music file UT will throw the error at you and the intro will not work.
But if you rename the map to Flyby the intro works fine.
I don't think a normal UT install comes with the Flyby.umx
Thats what i was working with.

Also the link i provided is a direct download of the Unreal.unr file.

Does anyone have a link to download the Flyby.umx file?
Then nobody needs to rename.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I think some mappack had it, but only like few. The file is small, it can be send even via email I think, just tell someone.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Does anyone have a link to download the Flyby.umx file?
Then nobody needs to rename.

I think this is it. Hope it works for you. Thank 3 for having this file handy.

Attachments

• FlyBy.zip
    587 KB · Views: 5