E3 2008 Gears of War 2 Concept Art And Renders

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Gotta admit that stuff is great. Liking that they are expanding the Locust army into MANY different types even sub type boomers. A minigun and a mortar? Awesome. Seriously this update has just 4 new units or types, and there are like way more... so good going EPIC (for once).

But honestly, you couldn't just stick with the Wrench as the most horrible dog sized beast could you? Just had to add some type of Ticker that explodes (most likely)... guess more evading.

Still, i'm pleased with the direction GoW2 is going, hopefully it'll be longer and include some bots to frag.

As well, that last picture... epic stuff. (Pardon the pun)

Last edited:

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Even though I really won't hesitate to leave this game on the shelve, I gotta admit that the CArt is yet again awesome.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Gotta admit that stuff is great. Liking that they are expanding the Locust army into MANY different types even sub type boomers. A minigun and a mortar? Awesome. Seriously this update has just 4 new units or types, and there are like way more... so good going EPIC (for once).

But honestly, you couldn't just stick with the Wrench as the most horrible dog sized beast could you? Just had to add some type of Ticker that explodes (most likely)... guess more evading.

Still, i'm pleased with the direction GoW2 is going, hopefully it'll be longer and include some bots to frag.

As well, that last picture... epic stuff. (Pardon the pun)

Yep its longer and is has bots ... no way I will be passing this game up regardless of my issues with aspects of Epic's character choices. This game is going to rock ... I just know it is going to be very very hard so I just hope I can get through the game on casual. I think they are really trying to force people to play co-op on this which is the only reason I can think of it for making it even more difficult. This game could seriously challenge for GOTY and I really didn't think so before.

Miko

Miko No Pants
Jul 2, 2004
Flopping in bed
I'm liking how GoW2 is shaping but the Minigun and Mortar look like they could be in UT III much like UT III characters look like they can be in GoW. Its like the two franchises are now fighting and growing off of each other more and more.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
I'm liking how GoW2 is shaping but the Minigun and Mortar look like they could be in UT III much like UT III characters look like they can be in GoW. Its like the two franchises are now fighting and growing off of each other more and more.

nah, in the end it'll be more like star trek generations with marcus needing malcolm's help so he brings him to sera through some sort of inter-universal vortex... :B

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
I'm gonna have a fit if the Editor is still b0rked as it is in GoW 1. Regardless, I'm still probably gonna buy this game. :B In that case, are there any details in the Editor? I hope Epic sorted the packages this time just like in UT3.

they haven't even announced a pc version. maybe you can add 'yet' to that sentence but even if they release a pc version i guess it's gonna be some time in 2009 until it comes out.