PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Ironic

Al
16th Jul 2008, 04:41 PM
DM-DE_Ironic

Remake by lordz

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=617635

Download (http://files.filefront.com/DM+DE+Ironic+classic+PCrar/;11090645;/fileinfo.html)

Spreading the good news :)

hal
16th Jul 2008, 07:13 PM
Wow very cool. I wonder if Checker has seen it?

Slainchild
16th Jul 2008, 07:23 PM
Yay! A direct copy of the original, including original textures, meshes, and lighting!!!

BVVVVVVVVVV

Al
16th Jul 2008, 07:33 PM
Yay! A direct copy of the original, including original textures, meshes, and lighting!!!

BVVVVVVVVVV

lol

Still fun though... :)

JohnDoe641
16th Jul 2008, 08:05 PM
I downloaded it and I'm hoping it's scaled properly. If it is, it's gonna one helluva 1v1 map. :D

Al
16th Jul 2008, 08:28 PM
It is. And it's lovely! :D

SkaarjMaster
15th Apr 2010, 08:59 PM
I have two versions of the UT3 Ironic maps and after playing both (as well as the original UT2004 version by Checker), they are both somewhat similar. They both seem tighter with a slightly adjusted scale and both have a different outside view than the original. The outside view in both maps is similar and really not that good and could be a lot better. Both maps have good shadows and streaming sunlight. Both maps are good remakes and fun to play. I'm guessing the scale was changed to make it more playable in UT3, so it's probably fine as I don't do much wall dodging and trick jumping anyway.:)

At least Lordz's version (this one) has a preview shot in the game menu. I also liked the fact that this version has an armor vest near the flak cannon pickup. The bots play the map fairly well in both maps and it's hard to say if they are better in one map over the other.

This version is the one with 'Classic' and 'PC' in the RAR download title (for the PC version that is) and has underlines and the map is dated August 4, 2008 (3:16pm) for version 1.7 (DM-DE_Ironic.ut3) and is by Lordz.

The other version is named DM-DE-Ironic and the UT3 file is the only thing in the zip with a date of July 17, 2008 (3:01pm)(this one is from UT-FILES) and is made by the mystery author.;)

EDIT: OK, so if this is the uncooked version of the same map, then an armor vest was added as well as the preview shot.:)

Sjosz
16th Apr 2010, 10:44 AM
Wow very cool. I wonder if Checker has seen it?

He has now. :)

Super-Moose
18th Apr 2010, 11:14 AM
Is my eyesight failing me or is it really that blurry?