UE2 - UT2kX Altering the Bots' Insult/ Chat Strategies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bengreenwood

Jun 23, 2008
Hi,

I'm wondering, would it be possible to make a mod for UT2004 so that the bots say pre-set chat lines in different ways to what they currently do?

Say for example, you just wanted something simple, like you had a key for "insult". And you wanted bots to be able to retaliate and insult you back every time you insulted them. Would it be possible to code something like this using Unrealscript?

I've been working on a C++ chat bot for a while now- not for UT, just a chat bot that runs from the command line, that basically has bots trading insults/ compliments in complex, strategic ways. Now, I want to try and integrate it into UT, but I'm not sure how to do it. So if anyone could advise me, that would be great.

Cheers guys.