Midway Announces E3 Lineup

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Midway has announced its E3 lineup which will include a number of Unreal Engine 3 titles, including Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, Wheelman, TNA iMPACT! (pictured below), Blitz: the League II, This is Vegas, and Unreal Tournament 3 (360).

Other titles it will showcase include Game Party 2 for the Wii and Touchmaster 2 and Mechanic Master for the DS. Of course, you can still check out some of their classic arcade games such as Defender, Joust, Spy Hunter, and Gauntlet II at Midway Arcade.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
crossing fingers

So, what do you all think will be shown for UT3 360?

Maybe there will be a presentation on what downloadable content (maybe even downloadable user content) at E3?

I certainly hope so....

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
I'll pass on all of those games. Too me MK is not MK without fatalities and even great graphics are not enough for me to care about seeing batman somehow be able to go toe to toe with beings that can toss superman around. Boring and fake.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
The new MK has the fatalities.

No it doesn't ... they removed them because of protest from DC. That is why this game is also rated T if I remember correctly. Who wants a Teen rated MK game.

Well I take back what I said about fatalities ... it appears they are still in this game after all ... but its still T rated so how cool can they possibly be?

"In a brief interview with Gamespot, Midway's Ed Boon has (once again) discussed the return of fatalities in upcoming cross-brand brawler, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. The infamous finishing moves will be performed by all Mortal Kombatants and DC Comics villains, but not by any of DC's untarnished heroes. You know, the ones "who don't kill that often." Instead, nicer folks like The Flash will have "brutalities," moves which inflict pain upon the recipients without totally murdering them.

Of course, don't expect the levels of violence and depravity to be quite up there (down there?) with previous Mortal Kombat games, as Ed Boon mentions that this Unreal-powered showdown is still pushing a slightly Tamer boundary. "Certain animations, blood effects, and sound effects that we have in the game are really pushing the T-rating envelope," he said. We're sure gore hounds will find this worthy of debate, but we're more concerned about everything that happens before the fatality."

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

I wonder how many of them will be done at launch, will be "done" after a few months and patches, and which ones just won't ever be done. :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Either E3 is dead or Midway has nothing really new to show there ...