Unreal Tournament Review by Josh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
unrhl thurnmnt?

Neonite does not approve. Or is Neonite pointing out the reviewer's lack of pronunciation skills ? Anyway I agree whatever he says ;) .

P.S: Forget the words on 3's server yesterday. I didn't mean to come accross as aggressive.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
1. I agree to NeoNite (Azura, the 2nd option ;D).
2. I agree to most that guy says.
3. Unreal is a non-played game?! o_O No really... What about 227 and things like that?! UT is just polished Unreal (and that's why Unreal is more realistic... UT needs permanent decals :D)
4. Use of the Ripper primary in Morpheus?! I mean, really, it won't help at all, secondary FTW!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, maybe not permanent, but long-lasting. To make it less polished.
Look at Rankin of UT and of UT2003/4. UT is clean, everything's shiny, well lit, dry, and UT2003's Rankin is corroded, wet, creaky, yet a lot more realistic. Unreal maps are like that too, see Curse of Unreal and of UT.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I prefer a clean map like the UT1 ones. And those things you're talking about aren't decals...

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, maybe not permanent, but long-lasting. To make it less polished.
Look at Rankin of UT and of UT2003/4. UT is clean, everything's shiny, well lit, dry, and UT2003's Rankin is corroded, wet, creaky, yet a lot more realistic. Unreal maps are like that too, see Curse of Unreal and of UT.

Rankin? Rankin was hourences' map and it was released only for ut2004, there were conversions of the level though even ported to Unreal, but I think you are cionfusing level names here.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
@ Erosion: I mean that if decals were to stay longer, the arenas wouldn't be that clean.
@ Leo: there's only one DM-Rankin remake for UT. And I've made an enhanced version for it. And the one for UT is derived from the one for Unreal...