Seen anything good lately?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I was meaning to mention to you guys that I saw Iron Man a couple of weekends ago, and it totally rocked. All the reviews I've seen are good, and that's because it's true. I'll be getting that movie as soon as it's on DVD. It has a sweet/cool factor that is beyond the normal cool factor of superhero movies.

Anyone else seen it? Or anything else good, lately?

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Here's what I've seen lately;

The Incredible Hulk 8/10 - Never saw the first one, but this one is great... you get 2 villains (if you watch carefully) for the price of one, and the Abomination is exactly what you'd expect him to be.
Edward Norton does an excellent job of playing Bruce Banner.

Iron Man 7/10 - Good story, very nice effects, but it feels like something got lost in translation.

Wanted 8/10 - The story is good, and gives you a touch of a "Fight Club" (if you're a fan) feeling. Angelina Jolie is hot as always, and has a decent role.
The action is good, and the twist at the end is nice.

Hancock 7/10 - The story is good, but the transition between sarcastic, drunken Hancock and hero Hancock happens too fast, making you feel like you missed part of the movie. Drunken Hancock is more fun to watch.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
The only movie we saw recently was with her family.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 3/10 (Kinda Sucked) Its a wait and see movie when it comes out on rental!!

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
I saw a CAMed version of Iron Man and was really impressed with it. I can't wait till it comes out on video. Most everything else that has come out this summer, I haven't considered worth paying a babysitter and for a movie. I am really interested in seeing Wanted, and am still miffed that it got pushed to the Summer from its original late Winter/early Spring release (beginning of March, if I remember correctly). I have always been a HUGE X-Files fan, so I am looking forward to that film as well. However, the one movie that I am completely stoked about this year is Hellboy 2. It will likely be the only movie I pay to see in the theaters in the forseeable near future. :)

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Just saw Hellboy II. Unfortunately, it's not even half as good as the original (though the original was pretty good). It has great costumes and makeup, fantastic special effects, and some good action sequences, but the story has no cohesion whatsoever. Even while I was watching it, the words most often coming to mind were "dumb" and "stupid". If you want to see it, I certainly recommend waiting until it comes out on video.

Last edited:

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
OMG -- The Worst Movie ever. Being a Big SCI-FI fan I thought this would be somewhat cool. Boy was I ever wrong. This movie just blows chunks!!
Battlespace (2006) - Plot:A futuristic sci-fi adventure begins after the destruction of their Universe. With a militaristic race...

Plot sounds good but its not.

This is was worse then Little Miss Sunshine, which atleast had a few funny parts. LOL

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I know you liked the end of Little Miss Sunshine, too, Taz. I could just imagine you as the grandfather part in that movie, teaching the little girls that "talent". Sicko. :eek::lol:;)

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I don't think I want to know... :hmm:

The Dark Knight was excellent... there's never been a better Joker than Heath Ledger. Which makes me wonder how they're going to replace him...

Hellboy was great too, especially the end.

Other than that, I've been watching the first 3 seasons of the new Battlestar Galactica... I didn't really care for the original, but the new stuff is pretty impressive.

Looking forward to Keifer's new movie; Mirrors. :D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790686/

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog online when it was available for free a couple of weeks ago. It was most excellent. Check out drhorrible.com, there's a link where you can watch it for free (with limited commercials) on Hulu.com.