Downgrading GFX Card

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J112

Very Superstitious
Dec 16, 2005
Yeah i meant to type downgrading.

Basically since i built this system i've sorta changed what I want to use it for. I've not "gone off games" as such but i've come to the point where i'd much rather just play on the xbox than have to have a desk fan on my pc just to stop the 9800 gx2 melting.

Anyways, basically i'm planning on selling this card and gettign a less powerful, but more compact and cool running, replacement and also buying a v good sound card with a decent front end/panel, that will let me record guitar/bass directly into my pc.

Advice and reccomendations would be great. Any idea what I could get for the card?

[VaLkyR]Assassin

Kidneythieves and Poets of The Fall Fan
Jan 20, 2008
Blackpool, England, UK
valkyrgaming.com
Although they can run a little hot, I think those 4850 cards that have come out recently might fit the bill - they seem to have a few fixes for idle heat and sound though, and it is single slot; also quite cheap too and offering alot of performance.

J112

Very Superstitious
Dec 16, 2005
Yeah i'll definately consider that card, its in the right price bracket too.

Any rec's on a suitable sound card guys?

J112

Very Superstitious
Dec 16, 2005
I picked up a HD2600 today and I am impressed. The performance it actually does give in games is seriously good for the buck imo, makes me much less sad to be selling my 9800. I haven't got hd working yet but tbh i'm not entirely how to do so heh.

Gonna mess about with overclocking this card (Which seems easy enough) and see what I can get out of it.

I can't get over how nice it is to be able to hear myself think at last.