Hyrage
4th Jul 2008, 11:22 PM

General Informations

Name: DM-Str8Control
Version: July 2008
Author: Christian Philippe Guay aka "Hyrage"
Release Date: July, 08

Description:
The human race is actually living is hardest time, but do not give up yet. Your fight has just begun, because you are the new threat. The action actually takes place in a lost and abandonned area of a city.

Screenshots:

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3039/800x6001sz6.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7858/800x6002uj9.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4671/800x6003og5.jpg

Map Content:

Hybrid Design
Highly Interactive Design for both hardcore and casual players
Advanced Gameplays
Custom Teleporters
Custom WeaponPickup: Enforcer - if you open Kismet there is the tutorial with the map
Interactive switches to open doors [control points for CTF matches]
Interactive Elements
Where is the Redeemer!!?
"Get toasted!" gameplay
"Gravity Control Room"
Immersive Environment; sounds, crash site, falling leaves, air strikes, etc.

Credits:

Epic Games
Thx guys, you made such an incredible Editor to work with and his stability is stunning.

Hourences, Waylong, DGUnreal, AVLD & everyone else concerned by:
The ones making tutorials, documentation ? helping people in their threads when they are asking for helpful solutions when stuck.

Anuban
He referred me to LordStrider and for his incredible implication around here and Epic Games Forums

LordStrider
For the tip to make a Custom Weapon Pickup [Enforcer]

The Epic Games Forums & Beyond Unreal Community
Thx guys to be there, supporting each others and keeping all this truly alive. Keep up making great stuff!

Updates

Rebuild bot pathing
Jump pads added and modified for a better gameplay dynamic
Added Respawns
Rebuild Sounds
Get Toasted Gameplay with the XXX publicity sign was difficult to perform correctly
The FPS required some work
I wasn't satisfied of the old Courtyard
The streets needed more style so I made cool modifications
I improved the visual of the map
I reduced the BLOOM effect
Corrected a few collision issues
Added moving doors
Modified the lighting of the map.
Preview Screenshot, number of players & Author added in the main menu

PC-Download:
DM-Str8Control: Here to Download!! (http://files.filefront.com/DM+Str8Control+JulyEditionrar/;10931235;/fileinfo.html)

Install:
Be sure to Overwrite any previous version please

My documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

Comments:

This is my first map with the Unreal Technologies and I must say it was a pleasure to work for a first time with the Unreal Technologies, I previously worked with Hammer, the Half-Life 2 Engine. What you will play comes from weeks of Editor Learning, plenty of try & errors, intuitive design and this became my personal test room for the UE3. The main focus of this map was to create a great balance between great interactive design & visual design and to create a DM map that would also fit as a TDM & CTF map for the fans later. The images aren't showing too much of the whole map, there is plenty of other areas that aren't shown here with particular gameplays. ENJOY your new summer frag fest!

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Christian Philippe Guay.

Authors may not use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission from the original author.

Any bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission. Please E-Mail me regarding any changes you require.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You may distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine cover disk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Atypic
4th Jul 2008, 11:34 PM
lookin nice! :)

*downloads*

Peccavi
5th Jul 2008, 06:18 AM
F me sideways this looks like major fun! Major issue optomising?

[VaLkyR]Assassin
5th Jul 2008, 06:33 AM
Looks good!

Atypic
5th Jul 2008, 07:55 AM
So I've played the map. A few thoughts.

Texture alignment: a fair amount of your textures are just off alignment. See the little wall in your first screenshot for example. Resizing textures to get them fit the brushes correctly would help a lot on your levels.

Trimming: Using BSP or static meshing to trim the edges of your brushes would really really help make your map look even sweeter.

There are some areas where your meshes that you use as ramps, are just slightly too high off the ground and prevent the player getting stopped moving.

On the whole great first effort for your first Unreal Engine map.

Hyrage
5th Jul 2008, 11:53 AM
So I've played the map. A few thoughts.

Texture alignment: a fair amount of your textures are just off alignment. See the little wall in your first screenshot for example. Resizing textures to get them fit the brushes correctly would help a lot on your levels.

Trimming: Using BSP or static meshing to trim the edges of your brushes would really really help make your map look even sweeter.

There are some areas where your meshes that you use as ramps, are just slightly too high off the ground and prevent the player getting stopped moving.

On the whole great first effort for your first Unreal Engine map.
Can you please take a few screenshot about these issues, because I remember having fix everything about that. I would be pleased to know what I missed here.

Thx for the feedbacks! :D

:rolleyes: thx for the nice feedback, unfortunately the link was broken for a few hours during the night. If the map is not named "DM-Str8Control July Edition" in your game menu, it isn't the last version. Simply take a look at one of the two Teleporters (look at the ground), you will understand lolll... It happened during a lag and I seriously don't see how loll. :lol:

Atypic
5th Jul 2008, 11:58 AM
I'll get a screen or two to you later :)

Hyrage
5th Jul 2008, 12:38 PM
I'll get a screen or two to you later :)
Take your time ^^, thx for that.
I'm searching loll...