SKILL NERF BAT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Holy Crap!! When ANET makes changes they really make changes. There goes the A/E Farmer down the drain. They tore my arse up out there I was like WTF Happened!:eek::eek:
This is what--->
[Dev Update] Shadow Form Balance Changes - 2 July 2008

The primary goal of this update is to address the high efficiency of Shadow Form farming builds. It had long been possible to maintain Shadow Form permanently, but when the duration of this skill was increased, many new and more powerful build options became viable. We are not opposed to players using Shadow Form for farming, but it is not good for the game economy for high-end farming activities to become too easy or too efficient. The new set of builds enabled by Shadow Form did exactly that.

This update is intended to bring builds based around Shadow Form more in line with other farming builds. In order to accomplish this, we’ve not only altered Shadow Form itself but also made some changes to creatures within the Chaos Planes. At this time, we have not made it more difficult to maintain Shadow Form permanently, because this would be more likely to remove Shadow Form farming as an option for many players. We will, however, continue to monitor the effects of these changes moving forward and will make further changes if necessary.
[edit] PvE
[edit] Assassin

* Shadow Form Shadow Form: now reduces the damage dealt by the caster by 50% while active.

This is intended to slow down killing while under the effects of Shadow Form. We recognize that this does not affect killing by Health degeneration. That is primarily being addressed through the creature changes listed below.
[edit] Underworld

* Added Hex Breaker to Mindblade Spectres found in the Underworld.
* Several Banished Dream Riders Chaos Plains region of the Underworld have been replaced with Cursed Dream Riders.
* When Cursed Dream Riders are killed, they cause Mindflay Spectres to spawn. Mindflay Spectres have Signet of Disenchantment instead of Hex Breaker.

The use of Hex Breaker by Mindblade Specters should require more skillful play by characters who are using Shadow Form in conjunction with hexes. Because Shadow Form does not protect against Signet of Disenchantment, these characters will also want to avoid confrontations with Mindflay Spectres. The net effect of these changes should be to decrease the overall killing speed for Shadow Form characters in the Underworld.

Damn, I got one nite of Chaos Plains done, boosted Ecto by 15. Lot of sad folks in ToA tonite. LOL

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Ya know, that's one of the reasons I don't really care to play GW anymore.
At first (for me) it wasn't about farming... then ArenaNet put out all these components that made your weapons better when you found them... problem was; everyone was farming the crap out of them and the only way to afford to buy one was to farm yourself.
Then I got my Rit all fixed up and pretty, got probably 50 good farming runs out of her, and what do they do? They screw up my runs so that instead of getting 10-20 golds (usually including a few rare skins) and a lot of money, I was lucky to get a tenth of the money, and luckier to get 2 golds a run.

So what was the natural answer to this problem?
Build another farming build, and run it through all three games so you could get to the good farming spots again... then spend hours getting the equipment and Elite skills you needed to optimize your build... and by the time you had all this ready, they were nerfing the spot you just spent all this time building up for.

I hope that this isn't the case for GW2... if it is; I'll be playing a whole lot of Huxley.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Ya know, that's one of the reasons I don't really care to play GW anymore.

Ya know I totally DISAGREE!!:mad::mad:

The only reason most of us actually started to play GW was because of You! You wanted a game that all of us good play together to hold us over to the new UT. Shortly after getting GW and learning to play (Thanx to Dev, Digger and You). You started to not play with the rest of us for many different reasons and we understood all of them.

I have taken my assassin charactor through chapters with Digger & also learned the fine art of solo/dual farming with him. I have taken my Monk through Hell and Back with Dev and Boney. Along the way I have also learned some nice money making Farming Runs & Dungeon Runs with these two. I have even started new charators to play with Steel (he quit on me in THK) and played many hours alongside BT.

My Point: I didn't buy this game to play SOLO for either Farming, Earning Gold, Buying New Armor, Getting Best Weapons! I bought this game to play with my Brothers! Sure I spend many hours going solo (PVE, Farming) but I prefer playing alongside you all and BS'ing in TS. Me and Boney have been teaming up for the past couple of mths, before that it was DEV for many mths. It was FUN! I looked forward to getting home and catching them online. I like to play alongside you all and have asked on many occasion to hook up for Missions and/or Quest.

Anyway, Nerfing a Farm Build won't drive me from not playing GW cause its not the reason that I play.

Not a Sermon just a Thought!!

(BTW: Boney got his PermaSliver A/E ready for some farming but the Nerf Bat got him before he could even try the run out):lol::lol:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
The reason I couldn't play with you guys has always been because of the time we were to play. That's "her time"...
Other than that, I tried to play with you guys when I could, or when time or the wife would allow... even now that I'm always home, that's still her time.
Truth is; I got burnt out... I've tried to go back to playing, and nothing's changed.

Hell I even went out and got Gears so that I could play with you and Dev online... but the time issue hasn't and won't likely change.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Lurky Poo, no need to explain. We all understand that Life takes priority.

Some folks like me just have no Life and until recently DEV was Lifeless, now he has a Life.. :lol::lol::lol:

OK, anyway Update for Boney.. They figured out a Farm Build for the Chaos Plains. Just don't mess with the Cursed Riders like 3-4 of them. I got 2-Ecto on my run.

Here's the Build Code.
A-E Perma (Burning-Degen)
OwZUgEluwPPSfekODX0ORG3sGIA