PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Relic Madness (Beta)

Xaklse
22nd Jun 2008, 07:58 AM
1. Name: Relic Madness
2. Version: Beta 3
3. Compatibility: UT3 PC 1.2 Patch

4. Description: Do you remember the relics? :D
The relics are items that move around the map and give you special powers when picked up.
There are 18 types of relics:
- Relic of Strength: Doubles the damage that you do.
- Relic of Defense: Reduces all the damage you take by half.
- Relic of Health: Regenerates your health.
- Relic of Haste: Multiplies your speed by 1.5.
- Relic of Redemption: Gives you a second chance at life.
- Relic of Vengeance: Creates a big explosion after your death.
- Relic of Agility: Provides you a powerful jump.
- Relic of Ammo: Replenishes your ammunition counters.
- Relic of Disability: If you get hurt, your enemy will be forced to feign death.
- Relic of Guns: Makes you shoot faster.
- Relic of Equilibrium: Distribute damage you take amongst nearby players.
- Relic of Infancy: Decreases you in size.
- Relic of Invisibility: Makes you invisible.
- Relic of Momentum: The momentum of damage is increased.
- Relic of Radiation: Gradually decreases the opponents' health near to you.
- Relic of Translocation: If you get hurt, your enemy will be teleported away from battle.
- Relic of Vampire: Grants you the ability to drain opponent's life damage.
- Evil Relic: Gives you a rare illness.
You can choose the amount of relics of each type to place into the scenario, hide the relics' symbols, allow to toss the relic you carry, and other features.

5. Comments: This is a public beta version of the mutator. Post here feedback, doubts and all bugs you find, please. It will be cooked for PS3.

6. Screenshots:
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness08.jpghttp://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness09.jpg
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness07.jpghttp://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness05.jpg

7. Credits: Dekrayzis for his relic model
8. Homepage: HERE (http://www.moddb.com/mods/relic-madness)
9. Download: THERE (http://files.filefront.com/RelicMadnessBeta3rar/;11036507;/fileinfo.html)

hal
22nd Jun 2008, 01:40 PM
Yay, Relics can be a lot of fun. I'll check this out tonight.

boogler
22nd Jun 2008, 04:48 PM
nice but i don't like the look of the relics. There is no uniqueness to them other than the face inside the middle. I remember running around the map looking for a skull just to blow myself up in ut99. With this setup i have to look at every relic closely just so i can have what i want. 6/10

Tweakd
23rd Jun 2008, 07:50 AM
nice but i don't like the look of the relics. There is no uniqueness to them other than the face inside the middle.

Couldn't agree more. Looks awesome but i think it would benefit for individual meshes.

Xaklse
23rd Jun 2008, 03:34 PM
Heh, I agree about the uniqueness too :rolleyes:, but I can't make 15+ unique models with 15+ unique textures, I simply lack the skills for that. I'll try to add unique colors to them though; as I did with my UT2004 Heaven of Relics mutator, simple but effective.

Cobra
23rd Jun 2008, 03:54 PM
Very cool stuff. But why not make

1=Strenght
2=Defense
3=Regeneration
4=Speed
5=Vengence
6= Regeneration of amo

And do it like UT99, only my 2 cents here

Ignotium
23rd Jun 2008, 08:00 PM
Well, it was nice to finally see a mutator that used the "configure mutator" button just for a change.... but er..... when i did, a new screen opened up and while it was configurable, it had no closing or back button, and there was no way to get back to the mutator selection screen, and i had to CTRL+ALT+SUPR_Close UT3.exe wich was not funny at all.

Maybe the size of that menu is too big for my resolution (1024*768) or who knows.
One thing that i personally found annoying, was not being able to just check/uncheck relics to keep things easier, that would really help

Hope you take this feedback to the heart, cause is vital!

Keep up the good work

Xaklse
23rd Jun 2008, 09:04 PM
Very cool stuff. But why not make
1=Strength
2=Defense
3=Regeneration
4=Speed
5=Vengence
6=Regeneration of ammo
And do it like UT99, only my 2 cents hereYou mean 6 models? And leave the other relics aside? This is 'Relic Madness', not 'Relics for UT3' ;) So no, no custom models, plus I can't do them.

Well, it was nice to finally see a mutator that used the "configure mutator" button just for a change.... but er..... when i did, a new screen opened up and while it was configurable, it had no closing or back buttonI'm pretty sure that the Back button is there because it's shown when checking the screen in UnrealEd with all resolutions. Unfortunately, the button is toooo faint (bottom-right corner place), so you might not see it. Anyways, a screenshot would be really helpful if you still have problems.

Alhanalem
23rd Jun 2008, 10:25 PM
Man this is pretty close to achieving Creeper CTF :p

Hedge-o-Matic
24th Jun 2008, 10:32 AM
Hey, glad to see that this is taking off again for UT3. I'll be glad to help in testing again this time around.

As for custom models, maybe I could help out, if you wanted to go that route. I personally like the flat coins, but I can understand where others might not.

I also can't find the Accept button on the configure screen, and the faint "back" button sends me back to the menu, but re-entering the config screen resets everything to 50 each, and so on. Are you going to have Relic Groups and such for this version?

Xaklse
24th Jun 2008, 05:25 PM
Man this is pretty close to achieving Creeper CTFGoogled for it and you're right, the mutator is becoming pretty similar to Creeper.

Glad to hear from you again, Hedge. I realized you got banned in Epic forums.

As for custom models, maybe I could help out, if you wanted to go that route.What I would really like is having updated models of the six classic relics. That would rock!

I also can't find the Accept button on the configure screen, and the faint "back" button sends me back to the menu, but re-entering the config screen resets everything to 50 each, and so on.There is only a Back button. The menu is buggy but the values are saved properly, the slider controls are the liars :lol:; they show incorrect numbers after re-entering the config screen but their arrows are well placed.

Xaklse
25th Jun 2008, 07:05 AM
I uploaded Beta2 (http://files.filefront.com/RelicMadnessBeta2rar/;10787056;/fileinfo.html), check first post for more screenshots.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7104/RelicMadness08.jpg

It features colors for each type of relic and bug fixes like:
- Relic of Radiation doesn't hurt your vehicle or vehicles owned by teammates.
- Less buggy configuration menu, it responses to Esc key too.
I also expanded the readme file with explanations about the configuration options.

Try it and leave feedback please :)

Xaklse
13th Jul 2008, 07:57 AM
Beta3 (http://files.filefront.com/RelicMadnessBeta3rar/;11036507;/fileinfo.html) is available for downloads.

Changelog:
- Reworked overall code.
- Disability, Translocation and Evil new relics.
- Added vehicle support for several relics.
- Used new visual/sound effects.

Tweakd
14th Jul 2008, 05:38 AM
Great stuff! Only bug i've noticed is that in the configuration screen in UT it displays all the numbers incorrectly until you move the slider. It threw me off for a second.

I'm enjoying this a lot though so thank you!

Xaklse
15th Jul 2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks for trying this :)

Alhanalem
17th Sep 2008, 11:36 PM
Lots of fun. :) (wow, this is an old topic apparently lol)

I'd like to suggest the default number of relics be dialed down by about a lot though. :p
To be even more like the way things were in creeper CTF, allow the player to punt the relics around with their weapon fire (especially the impact hammer) if they already carry the allowed number of relics, and default to 1 relic of each type in the map at once, with permanent life. This creates strategic ability where players can collect and gather relics in their base for their team to use, and try to prevent the other team from getting them. :p

Also if you found info on creeper, try to come up with the monk, witch, and stealth runes and other unique runes it offered. (You've already covered a few of them with the 15 you already created) (Quake made much more liberal use of teleporters than UT3 does which kind of limits the use of monk though)

-edit- I found my original post on epic's forums- I bolded what I feel is missing :P

Monk: Invulnerable while standing still and not shooting; also the melee weapon is greatly increased in power and slightly in reach. If you stand on a teleport destination, anyone using the teleporter gets telefragged instead of you.

Witch: shooting someone causes that person to jump and shoot uncontrollably for 2 seconds. Primarily used to counter the monk rune described above.

Energy: (Not as feasable anymore with lightning gun removal) The player is given a lightning gun that acts like the linkgun altfire with unlimited ammo. the alt fire is a high energy death scream- the charge starts at 0 and gradually increases over time (up to 999). The longer you wait, the wider the range and the more damage it causes; it also affects you and will probably kill you as well. It's similar to what happens when you discharged the thunderbolt underwater in quake 1.

Ninja: You can become completely invisible while standing still for several seconds. The invisibility ends if you move with any weapon other than your melee weapon or if you attack. you can move around invisible with your melee weapon after becoming invisible but you will be partially visible (in quake 1 you'd appear as a floating pair of eyes, i would just use the invisibility effect here)

Lake: turns your grenades (available from the rocket launcher) into "depth charges" which sink straight down in water and are also hard to see in shallow water- they dont blow up on a timer and instead blow up when someone comes close enough for them to cause damage (like spider mines; could just give a modified RL that launches spider mines). This also allows you to move through water at the same speed as on land. If you drop this rune all the charges you placed are destroyed.

Regen: You all know this one, restores your health gradually up to 150% of your normal amount.

Power: Double damage, stacks with the powerup.

Defense: take 50% damage.

Vampire: you gain 50% the damage you cause in health but lose 1 health per second. Your melee weapon is also powered up and restores you to max health if you kill someone with it. (edit note: adding the melee kill restoration would be cool)

Ammo: doubles your max ammo and doubles the value of ammo pickups. (If you throw this one , you'll lose any ammo over the normal maximum)

Armor: Doubles the armor value of any armor you pick up, as well as the maximum.

??? : I cant remember what this one was called but it allows you to collect any pickups, even if you dont need them, in a certain radius around you, even through walls. Basically you can run around in the enemy base and steal all their goodies so they cant have 'em.

Firefly
20th Sep 2008, 04:52 AM
yes, big thanks Xaklse
this became standard on the old uts
nice to see it come back

Emmet Otter
11th Oct 2008, 06:16 PM
How do you bind a key to throw a relic?

hal
11th Oct 2008, 10:49 PM
that would be cheating. ;)

Emmet Otter
12th Oct 2008, 03:51 PM
No it would'nt. It's stated in his description and also, in ut2k4 you were able to toss the relics as well.