Weird problem in any server I set up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
In every gamemode except for ONS (so we can play ONS luckily, just too bad that it's very vulnerable for lag for everyone but me (probably my crappy internet connection)), other players sometimes don't see their weapon and HUD, can't move and can't shoot. How can I solve this problem? As it's getting pretty annoying having to join an empty DM server, only to make it a popular server for others while we want to DM without others. I'm the only one of my friends who can host a server.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
In every gamemode except for ONS (so we can play ONS luckily, just too bad that it's very vulnerable for lag for everyone but me (probably my crappy internet connection)), other players sometimes don't see their weapon and HUD, can't move and can't shoot. How can I solve this problem? As it's getting pretty annoying having to join an empty DM server, only to make it a popular server for others while we want to DM without others. I'm the only one of my friends who can host a server.
Sounds like you added some mutators to your server, but don't have the proper ServerPackage lines in your INI.

If you have added mutators, remove them all and see if it will work for everyone. If it does, you need to remember that, for the most part, any mutator you add to the server, must also be added to your server's ServerPackage section in your INI.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Oh, right, that's why. So that's why I don't get more errors now. Just add everything you can to the ServerPackages list or they will be invisible... Well, simply enough, add everything that has a .U file in your system directory to the list.

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
Oh, right, that's why. So that's why I don't get more errors now. Just add everything you can to the ServerPackages list or they will be invisible... Well, simply enough, add everything that has a .U file in your system directory to the list.
That would be a pretty bad idea. Just because it has a .u file doesn't mean it needs to be added.

His log should tell us what's up.

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
Here are the UT2004.log and server.log files (in .txt format so I can attach it to this post). I've noticed it's trying to open ONS-ColdFusion-T32 for example, which is weird as the only ONS maps we've played were ArcticStronghold, Frostbite and Torlan. And the only DM maps were Morpheus3, Plunge and Desolation (if I'm correct), and the only DOM map was SunTemple (and this all since I've started with setting up a server).

Anyway, I was wrong with "not able to move", they CAN move and switch weapons. They just don't see their weapon, HUD and crosshair.

The last thing we've did on my server (the only thing today) was Morpheus3, we were planning to continue until he had the problem again (which he had immediately), to make sure it would be logged what's the problem.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
Warning: Failed to load 'HellHound': Can't find file for package 'HellHound'
Warning: Failed to load 'ONS-ColdFusion-T32': Can't find file for package 'HellHound'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary ONS-ColdFusion-T32.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'HellHound'

Warning: Failed to load 'UPLogoONS01': Can't find file for package 'UPLogoONS01'
Warning: Failed to load 'ONS-ColdFusion-p32': Can't find file for package 'UPLogoONS01'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary ONS-ColdFusion-p32.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'UPLogoONS01'

You are missing packages, as I thought. UPLogoONS01.utx should go into your server's textures folder, and HellHound.u should go into your server's System directory. You can probably find these files pretty easily with a google search.

Also, make sure you add them to your server's ServerPackages lines, like this:

[Engine.GameEngine]
(...other similar lines...)
ServerPackages=HellHound
ServerPackages=UPLogoONS01

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
Never mind what I just typed, I see that those ServerPackages files aren't files they need to download (at least, I think). Weird that it needs those files, as only a few maps need them, and I only play those maps in Instant Action.

The files need to be in Default.ini, right?

UPDATE: after we've tried again, the log showed it wanted that HellHounds (so the one with the S) file, and after that it wanted KingHH_Tex which isn't on both the given sites. I guess I should just remove that map from my map list until I wanna play it in Instant Action?

UPDATE2: I've removed the map, and the log doesn't give any errors now (at least, not in the same part). I've also removed the 2 HellHound(s) files I added to the ServerPackages since they're not used anymore (is this the problem?), but the same problem returns. Server.log is from 2 days ago, so here's the UT2004 log.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
If the problem is still existing, then something else you have on there isn't being referenced by the server to the client.

Do a clean install of your server. Start with nothing but stock and official content. See if that works. If it does, begin adding things back slowly one by one, checking each time to see if it works.

Slow and tedious... but it should help you figure out what the problem is.

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
I have lots of content I wanna keep for bot-matches (unless most people, I actually do bot-matches lots of times), but I can install a clean version of UT2004 with nothing but stock maps on my other drive of course (my friends don't want to download anything, so when setting up a server all that extra content is useless anyway). Too bad the real problem couldn't be found, but thanks for all the help anyway.