UE2 - UT2kX Unrealed Camera Rotation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sammy033

Mar 29, 2008
Hello.

I've looked through many different websites on navigation and it does not look there is a way of rotating around an object (Maya etc) instead of rotating the world around the viewer. I find it very useful in modeling programs but dont see such a function in Unrealed (UT2004).

Thanks.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
There's no option for that. It's pretty easy to get used to after awhile. I wish Max/Maya's navigation was more like UnrealEd, that rotating around stuff doesn't work too well when trying to see from the perspective of someone running around in your scene. :(

Sammy033

Mar 29, 2008
Yes navigating as a player is pretty easy. I do like camera pivot points when needed, especially attaching it to an animated object to automatically follow it around. Shame the editor didnt include a simple camera focus however. Thank you.