PDA

View Full Version : UT2kX [WIP] Evenfall Park

rickst13
18th Jun 2008, 05:37 PM
For this project, I wanted to make an environment that recreated the feeling of being in a city park right before the night falls. The reason I chose a city park is to provide the player with a feeling of being in a disconnected world which lies right in the middle of a big city. I worked with the lighting, object choice, object placement, particle effects, and subtle movement to create this mood. Behind the park are the backs of buildings to remind the player of the seclusion from the city and inclusion within the city.

The map contains several distinctive areas which include: a picnic area with tables and grills, a forest, a playground, a rocky waterfall populated with fireflies, and an open grassy area with a basketball court.

Video Flythrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7EXELpNcw

Interbellum
18th Jun 2008, 05:56 PM
Looks cool, but will this be a playable (DM) map?

Sir_Squiggles
18th Jun 2008, 06:01 PM
Hah, no, we all have to commune with nature :)

Looks good rickst13, the video shows it off best I think. But is that an oilspill in picture 4? Won't someone think of the children???

rickst13
18th Jun 2008, 06:05 PM

I'm not sure. To be honest, I don't play much UT2004, but I love the engine. This map is actually supposed to be for a mod or game which may never surface. I know I haven't done any code for it. :D

Looks good rickst13, the video shows it off best I think. But is that an oilspill in picture 4? Won't someone think of the children???

Haha, that is actually a cubemap which is supposed to be a reflection of the blue and pink sky.

Sir_Squiggles
18th Jun 2008, 06:07 PM
Better safe than sorry :eek: