UE3 - UT3 how to modify interpActor's speed in kimset

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

yourenyi

Jun 1, 2008
hi,everyone! i've some questions

I want to set a speed of InerpActor or KActor(Vecor3) in Kimset

1:after i have set it in Matinee how can i change it
2:i make a new KActor in ActorFactory and set the InitialVelocity but it doesnt move in my map ,why?

thanks

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
A quick way to modify the speed (perhaps mulitply the speed is a better way of putting it) would be to increase (or decrease) the "Play Rate". The default value should be 1 (or 100% playrate). By increasing this value you will be increasing the rate at which the object moves (in multiples). However, none of this can be done without first doing what the other posts suggested (setting up a fully functional matinee). Hope this helped.

yourenyi

Jun 1, 2008
first,thanks everyone for helping me.
but I dont want to use the Matinee to set the play rate ,and i wanna change the
Vector3 of actor's velocity(X,Y,Z coordinate of it) so i can update the dir or rate,I dont know where i can find it.
Thanks all the same!!

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
You mean to say that you don't know how you place the vectors for translation?

Well, first select your mover group in the left window pane and then there should be a path to the right with numbers in a linair manner, this should be similar to any film editing software. With the group selected you have little black tab by the number scale, you can move this by clicking and moving the mouse. Pressing the space bar will add a keypoint for the actor movement and this keypoint will be at the location of the "slider". To make movement occur, you merely have the new keypoint selected and then translate the position of the interp actor, this should result in actor movement. I think what you are missing is that the number scale at the bottom is in seconds. I appologize if this is redundant.

EDIT: To move a keypoint you need to have Ctrl (control) held while moving the mouse with the selected keypoint.

Last edited: