UE2 - UT2kX Music triggers that work online?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
I remember hearing some discussion that in UT2k4 the music triggers you can place on maps only work in offline / Instant Action games and not if you play the map in multiplayer on the internet. I was planning to make one sometime, probably for an assault map so the music changes when you get somewhere, but I wonder if it does work online.

Of course it would only be something local for each player... for the music to change on their end when they hit the trigger. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work since anyone who joins downloads the map and that should only be a player-end option so it wouldn't even involve the network (for a player to hit the music trigger even if online). So are these rumors true, or does the music trigger work online for each person when they hit one / get there?

Apr 11, 2006
I remember hearing some discussion that in UT2k4 the music triggers you can place on maps only work in offline / Instant Action games and not if you play the map in multiplayer on the internet. I was planning to make one sometime, probably for an assault map so the music changes when you get somewhere, but I wonder if it does work online.

Of course it would only be something local for each player... for the music to change on their end when they hit the trigger. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work since anyone who joins downloads the map and that should only be a player-end option so it wouldn't even involve the network (for a player to hit the music trigger even if online). So are these rumors true, or does the music trigger work online for each person when they hit one / get there?

I think the music triggers work online. One of my maps designed for Invasion (DM-Xibalba) utilizes a feature to detect what wave it is ... And on wave 16 the music changes to a more intense boss-music track. I'm pretty sure I just used the built-in music triggers for that. I know I've heard the music change while playing the map online.

The main thing is, if you don't have the .ogg for the music, you won't hear it, and .oggs don't get pushed from the server.