PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Tense Collide

Peccavi
26th May 2008, 09:07 AM
Well, It isn't exactly a released content, nor will it ever be. I thought this would be a better place for some feedback on the look of my map here than over at "Mapping" since I'm not after any technical advice just yet. The map itself isn't exactly as I envisioned it, but I thought I might get some feedback from everyone here for the next project. Whether or not to keep going with the next version or move on.

I started this map in probably the worst possible way; without direction for gameplay or any sort of layout. It isn't a playable map per se, it's more of an idea that I thought I might attempt at with UED, and a neat little reason for getting back into mapping.

My main aim was to replicate the concept of "What happens to the earth when we are gone". A documentary that was on a few weeks ago got me going in this direction. Problem was when I dove too deep into getting the theme set up (with the existing content) I didn't plan out my concept art for adhering to thematic restraint. In the end I was throwing all sorts of **** in there.

The map itself is lacking in various QA criteria to classify itself as an actual gameplay map, but I had a lot of fun getting used the editor again. I re-taught myself a few things: blocking volumes, bsp, SM placement, etc.
And a few more that the likes of Hourences was able to clarify via tutorials: Terrain, Skydomes, etc.

At the moment, I'm tossing up the idea of continuing the map under a different layout and with proper planning if you guys enjoy the look of it.

Peccavi
28th May 2008, 07:45 AM
ok, So I guess silence sings loudest.

I'll move onto a new project.

Max_Damage_uk
28th May 2008, 11:17 AM
I saw that documentary. I think its a good idea for a map.

The main buildings need to be overgrown and the cars need to be rusty.

I would go for the look of the old city from "logans run" as a concept art.;)

Mr. UglyPants
28th May 2008, 01:09 PM
You really should get rid of Norton.

Kantham
28th May 2008, 01:26 PM
You really should get rid of Norton.
Best map feedback ever.

Mr. UglyPants
28th May 2008, 05:46 PM
I know.

Whatever, having a Lighted version of the pictures would be wonderful.

Still, nice idea with everything sort of destroyed or overgrown.

Peccavi
28th May 2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to give any feedback because it was all that interesting, so I chose to move on. The thread is more or less a water test for seeing if the theme was workable.

Yeah, I havnt bothered with renewing the license for norton. Still shopping around.

Adelheid
1st Jun 2008, 02:58 PM
Try this site for some inspiration: http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl%2Drevisited/ Also try looking up images of Pripriyat and Chernobyl.
;)

Peccavi
2nd Jun 2008, 07:43 AM
Try this site for some inspiration: http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl%2Drevisited/ Also try looking up images of Pripriyat and Chernobyl.
;)

Cheers man. I dig.

Adelheid
2nd Jun 2008, 12:30 PM
No worries. If I can find it I'll post you a picture of a tree growing inside what looks like a carpark building, it is one of the oddest things I have seen.