PDA

View Full Version : GoW Urban(WIP)

evilmrfrank
20th May 2008, 12:10 PM
At this point the map isn't finished but I thought it was finished enough to show a picture or two of it :) The map takes place in an old building in an urban area during a bad thunderstorm. This wasn't a test for visuals so they are far from what they could be for the level. This will be my last level for GOW as the editor is pretty terrible.
http://evilmrfrank.com/images/GearsLevel4.JPG

http://evilmrfrank.com/images/GearsLevel2.JPG

The level in the shots is still a WIP and is meant to be dark, but isn't near as dark in game as it is in the pics fyi :)
I will be posting a download for the level in a week or two.

Kantham
20th May 2008, 12:54 PM
Heh. It is indeed unstable. But I'm having a better time mapping for GoW than UT3 ATM.
Can't tell anything from the shots, Dark dark dark!

evilmrfrank
21st May 2008, 09:30 PM
Map is indeed dark in the shots. But like I said its meant to be dark but isn't quite as dark in game as it is in editor. There are no visibility issues while playing this level and most of the enemies are under the hanging lamps and are well lit :)

Mozi
21st May 2008, 10:00 PM
Interesting so this is what you've been up to. :)

Yeah it is a tad dark but I really like some of the detail work you got going on. Will definitely like to try this out when you are done with it.

Heh. It is indeed unstable. But I'm having a better time mapping for GoW than UT3 ATM.

I agree with you, I put my GoW SP map aside to finish the 'special project' ( keep it secret, keep it safe) GoW the level layouts for SP or MP don't need to be really complicated, and the mesh library they have can easily turn any ol' cube into a really cool building.

J112
22nd May 2008, 06:10 AM
The shots remind me of the garage in doom 3 where Campbell and Swann procure, and drive off in, a bulldog-esque vehicle. Looking good, i've always had a soft spot for darker levels anyways, the lighting looks pretty nifty too imo. Keep it up :tup: