UE3 - UT3 MAG - Mech Based Total Conversion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2Shea

May 16, 2008
Hello there members of BU, thanks for taking the time to check out this thread, I really do appreciate it.

MAG - Mech Based Total Conversion
Forum : http://www.mechag.com/forums
Website : http://www.mechag.com (currently a work in progress)

Well, I'll get to the point. I am here on behalf of a Mech based mod for UT3, formerly for Half-Life 2 under a different name and premise, of which I am the Co-Leader. If any of you follow/followed the HL2 modding community, you may recognize the acronym of our name, MAG. This used to stand for Mech Assault Genesis (though we had nothing to do with the game mech assault haha), and we were a Gundam based modification. Well we have since changed names, and are no longer based upon the Gundam series. We are now a completely original mecha mod.

Being that we have changed almost completly from what we used to be, it's only to be expected that we would need to do some recruitment for our "rebirth", due to the differences in HL2 and UT3, and the overall new direction of the mod. So I will now list the positions that we are currently looking to fill, and will inform you of any and all contact information after.

----
Modeling:
We are currently seeking - 1 to 2 Modelers
Requirements - Experience working with 3ds Max, Maya, etc. Reasonable quality of work, and consistency. Ability to be dedicated and meet deadlines.
Job - Environment, Characters.

Mapping:
We are currently seeking - 2 Mappers
Requirements - Experience working with UnrealED, Reasonable quality of work, and consistency. Ability to be dedicated and meet deadlines.
Job - Creating large, varying maps. Capable of creating lifelike outdoor landscapes, cityscapes, and spacescapes.

Music/Sound:
We are currently seeking - 1 sound artist/composer
Requirements - Experience creating sounds and music for games etc. Reasonable quality of work, and consistency. Ability to be dedicated and meet deadlines.
Job - Creating effect sounds for weapons, environments, etc. Creating Music for environments, menus, etc.

Programming:
We are currently seeking - 1 to 2 programmers
Requirements - Experience with UnrealScript/Java. Reasonable quality of work, and consistency. Ability to be dedicated and meet deadlines. Able to take ideas and use their skill to bring them to life in our mod.
Job - Assisting another programmer to complete the mod, working on major components of the total conversion

----

We currently have a nice team working, taking up the rest of the positions, but we do need these positions listed above filled. If anyone reading is at all interested, please contact me via the following:

E-mail: sheaarnold@gmail.com
MSN: shea1145@hotmail.com
Via PM on the forum here.
-----

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from interested persons soon!

Shea "2Shea" Arnold
www.2shea-designs.com

2Shea

May 16, 2008
Could you elaborate on that part a bit?

Of course. I was simply speaking of the rest of our team already hard at work on the mod, meaning that their positions aren't needed to be filled. Sorry for any misunderstanding. All of the positions listed above are ones which we are looking to be filled, though we are always open to quality help in any area.

Last edited:

2Shea

May 16, 2008
Oh alright haha, sure.

We currently have:
2 Modelers
2 Animators
3 Texture Artists
2 2d Artists
1 Sound Artist
1 Programmer
---

All together it comes out to be 7 people currently, as some do multiple jobs.

Last edited: