PDA

View Full Version : Carmine back. Uhhh..

Kantham
14th May 2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33954.html
Watch this to believe.

Kantham
15th May 2008, 12:19 AM
I mean seriously, this will be Yahtzee's spotlight about GoW2 for sure.

Sijik
15th May 2008, 05:24 AM
Oh my God, they killed Carmine!
Those bastards!

UBerserker
15th May 2008, 11:09 AM
Lol, Carmine. They should show his face one time.

Carmine is awesome.

Mozi
16th May 2008, 09:49 AM
I wonder if he will have any smack talk about how the team left him for dead out side the House of Sovereigns when he supposedly shot in the head... :lol:

Thanatos
16th May 2008, 03:23 PM
I found Carmines real face:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eI0MGZoxvUFS5M:http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8732/vampwj2.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8732/vampwj2.jpg)

no wait thats Vamp from MGS4...

Kantham
16th May 2008, 03:49 PM
Can't wait to see what they have to come up for Carmine's HS survival and comeback.
What's next? RAAM's still alive?

Well, maybe not, because the "fans" didn't like him. And he killed KIM. :mad:
Hi guise

awaw
16th May 2008, 08:09 PM
It's the necris-process, duh!

Capt.Toilet
17th May 2008, 01:53 AM
Can't wait to see what they have to come up for Carmine's HS survival and comeback.
What's next? RAAM's still alive?

Well, maybe not, because the "fans" didn't like him. And he killed KIM. :mad:
Hi guise

Gears will be like any MegaMan game out there. RAAM is the Dr.Wily/Sigma of the series, he always finds a way to come back ;)

UBerserker
17th May 2008, 05:51 AM
RAAM will hardly reappear again after a bath in an Imulsion pool.

Kantham
17th May 2008, 08:07 AM
And please let's not forget the 25 sniper bullets locked in his head.

Anuban
17th May 2008, 08:19 PM
Oh this is just terrific. Meh ... I can't wait to see how they explain this given his head had a major hole it in and you left his body out there to get taken by any other Drone that come along. Or are we supposed to believe that another team was nearby and they rushed to the scene and rescued Carmine? I would say this is just stupid but I have been harping on the faults of the Gears IP enough on Gamespot and I may as well see how they handle this before I vomit. The one good thing about Gears though is that it is not written by Capps. He sure made a spectacular mess of UT3 and I bet after that crap story they are keeping him away from all aspects of development and just telling him to run the business side of the company and that's all.

UBerserker
18th May 2008, 04:06 AM
Carmine reminds me of Johnson from Halo. Supposed dead in the first game, then reappearing in the second one with some kind of crappy plot.

Kantham
18th May 2008, 08:44 AM
... and I bet after that crap story they are keeping him away from all aspects of development and just telling him to run the business side of the company and that's all.

I doubt it. No.

AVP
18th May 2008, 10:10 AM
I doubt RAAM will be back, I think the guy with the cape and his cute a fuzzy little pet at the end when the raven goes off into the distance, will be the big boss to fight like RAAM.

Kantham
18th May 2008, 10:16 AM
Possible. And then the Queen in the 3rd.
Would be great to get a come back from Marcu's pass though.

Mr. UglyPants
18th May 2008, 03:19 PM
Nooooo! Not Carmine, god i hated that dude.

nELsOn
19th May 2008, 01:26 AM
Nooooo! Not Carmine, god i hated that dude.

well, i don't really hate him but i sure wonder what it is with everybody loving carmine so much. i mean, this guy didn't have a real place in the plot except for being shot by a sniper. so i think bringing carmine back doesn't make sense at all. but well, i couldn't really care less about this character...

apart from that, i often read people comparing carmine to johnson from the halo games. and i gotta say, i never actually paid attention to johnson in the first halo. i can't even remember him being an important person in the first part so i thought his introduction (which i guess never was an introduction then but rather sort of a re-introduction) in halo 2 was kinda awkward to me. like i was supposed to know that guy.
did i miss something in the first game or what? :eek: :confused:

Mr. UglyPants
19th May 2008, 07:42 PM
Ya, well i'm just perplexed as to how he's still alive, unless he's like a corpse zombie. cause he got a sniper shot to the head last i checked.

I remember getting Johnson killed many times in Halo (always when your on the tank and he's on it as well, then he and all the other marines die).

nELsOn
20th May 2008, 02:49 AM
I remember getting Johnson killed many times in Halo (always when your on the tank and he's on it as well, then he and all the other marines die).

right, but i think that's just because there were only so many npc skins in halo. you stumbled across the same skins over and over again. i don't think johnson was really a distinguished character in the first game. i might be wrong, though, haven't played the game in a while.

Kantham
20th May 2008, 08:56 AM
Gears will be like any MegaMan game out there. RAAM is the Dr.Wily/Sigma of the series, he always finds a way to come back ;)

One word: Robotnik.

UBerserker
20th May 2008, 12:09 PM
right, but i think that's just because there were only so many npc skins in halo. you stumbled across the same skins over and over again. i don't think johnson was really a distinguished character in the first game. i might be wrong, though, haven't played the game in a while.

He had his own skin. At least in Halo 1 he could die :-)

nELsOn
20th May 2008, 05:40 PM
He had his own skin. At least in Halo 1 he could die :-)

hmm... ok. maybe i'm gonna play it again then. this thread somehow got me interested in this johnson character :lol:

Sijik
20th May 2008, 06:15 PM
well, i don't really hate him but i sure wonder what it is with everybody loving carmine so much. i mean, this guy didn't have a real place in the plot except for being shot by a sniper. so i think bringing carmine back doesn't make sense at all. but well, i couldn't really care less about this character...

apart from that, i often read people comparing carmine to johnson from the halo games. and i gotta say, i never actually paid attention to johnson in the first halo. i can't even remember him being an important person in the first part so i thought his introduction (which i guess never was an introduction then but rather sort of a re-introduction) in halo 2 was kinda awkward to me. like i was supposed to know that guy.
did i miss something in the first game or what? :eek: :confused:

Technically Johnson in Halo1 was "Sniper Sergeant" but he was beloved enough of a character that they brought him back and gave him a name for Halo2.

Bishop F Gantry
29th Jul 2008, 01:48 PM
RAAM will hardly reappear again after a bath in an Imulsion pool.

Oh yes he will appear, Lambent RAAM, he glows in the dark and comes in an extra explosive encounter!

WaitForTheRain
29th Jul 2008, 02:04 PM
Hmm... how are they going to pull off bringing Carmine back from the dead?

- Or maybe they'll bring his identical twin brother into the game

Mr. UglyPants
29th Jul 2008, 07:12 PM
Honestly, Carmine is dead. he can't be back, what, is like Cliffy God or something?

Bishop F Gantry
30th Jul 2008, 03:19 AM
Honestly, Carmine is dead. he can't be back, what, is like Cliffy God or something?

Can always go the route of UT no internal consitency:rolleyes:...

UBerserker
30th Jul 2008, 04:53 AM
Oh yes he will appear, Lambent RAAM, he glows in the dark and comes in an extra explosive encounter!

Lambent Corpser is behind as well.

Sijik
31st Jul 2008, 02:33 AM

It's his brother, Benjamin Carmine.

Anthony will appear in MP only, if you've gotten the Achievement in Gears 1 for beating the first Act.

Mr. UglyPants
31st Jul 2008, 09:42 AM
Anthony? Who's Anthony?

UBerserker
1st Aug 2008, 09:14 AM
Anthony? Who's Anthony?

Is the name of Carmine. Anthony Carmine.

Mozi
1st Aug 2008, 10:20 AM

Anthony will appear in MP only, if you've gotten the Achievement in Gears 1 for beating the first Act.

Is the name of Carmine. Anthony Carmine.

So is it safe to say that in Gears universe the Carmine family is cursed to be the red shirt of the Cog army?

Scuzzbuster
2nd Aug 2008, 09:12 PM
I've played through the SP twice and couldn't tell you who Carmine was (it's been a while). Guess I was playing the game.

Slaughter
2nd Aug 2008, 09:35 PM
I knew he was gonna get shot when I first saw that he wore a helmet.
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/11/carmbv7.jpg

WaitForTheRain
4th Aug 2008, 09:27 AM

Where did you hear that?

Kantham
4th Aug 2008, 09:52 AM
Apparently yes, Anthony is dead, Benjamin would be the new "Carmine" but that still doesn't make sense to me when they probably will use the same voice acting, and Clifford mentioned "You will get to see how Carmine comes back" as in "You will see how the kid-fan carmine has survived to a headshot"

Mr. UglyPants
5th Aug 2008, 07:10 PM
So your saying people actually like Carmine? wtf has happened to this godless world.

Kantham
5th Aug 2008, 07:14 PM
So your saying people actually like Carmine?

Like 90% of the users who has at least a "x" in their gamertags.
The survey sure also showed that Carmine got the vote majority.

niaz2
3rd Sep 2008, 11:16 AM
HELLO

THIS IS SO GREAT.

UBerserker
3rd Sep 2008, 11:34 AM
HELLO

THIS IS SO GREAT.

HI AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

Spambot?

Kantham
3rd Sep 2008, 12:12 PM
HELLO

THIS IS SO GREAT.

Yes, I agree.

Mr. UglyPants
4th Sep 2008, 05:24 PM
Like 90% of the users who has at least a "x" in their gamertags.
The survey sure also showed that Carmine got the vote majority.

Stupid fanboys.

likhary
21st Sep 2008, 05:00 AM
Gears will be like any MegaMan game out there. RAAM is the Dr.Wily/Sigma of the series, he always finds a way to come back.

UBerserker
21st Sep 2008, 05:58 AM
There won't be RAAM, but a cooler dude named Skorge.

Skoooooooooooooooooooooorge.

Bishop F Gantry
23rd Sep 2008, 09:27 AM
There won't be RAAM, but a cooler dude named Skorge.

Skoooooooooooooooooooooorge.

Will he have Shades and Mohawk? Cant forget Ghetto Speek

Nines
25th Sep 2008, 09:05 AM

Gears will be like any MegaMan game out there. RAAM is the Dr.Wily/Sigma of the series, he always finds a way to come back.

:doh: