UE2 - UT2kX How to have a NPC to follow my main character in UT200??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Hey guys, I want to have a NPC or another character following around my character , let me explain in more detail, i'm working on a UT2004 mod, in the game, my main character will have a friendly ghost/spirit following by his side( behind him/or next to him )where ever he goes. I havn't got a clue on how to approachthis kind of stuff. So is it possible to have a NPC character following your character in UT2004??

Also another question, I want to hide my character's weapon visibility when my character is being followed by the NPC character, like i don't want to see it until the player press the "letter D key", And NPC character will appear again when the player press the "letter F key' and the weapon disappear.
What i want to achieve is like a switch function to control the visibility of the weapon and the ghost, So is it possible to do this in UT2004 engine at all???

please be more detail with your explanations or if u can, please include any good tutorials on this subjects... thanks guys,!!!

Last edited:

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Wow, blu. Let me take a minute and explain that entering each question you have, as they come to you, on forums and message boards is *not* how game development works. You're new to Unreal. That's fine. But, a) you're not alone in having questions in Unreal and b) your questions are *not unique*.

If you search, you will find answers. If you code and test yourself, you will learn far more than can be gleaned through your current methodology. If you only post questions that cannot be answered through the first two suggestions and you follow through by working with those that come to your aid and then post your results (good or bad) for all to see, particularly those with questions that will come after you, you will earn more respect by the forum community.

(It is not the community's job to ride to your rescue.)

Until then, I'll restate one suggestion I had early on in your posts: Old Skool Monsta Toolz was developed to help people get a jump start on many common singleplayer projects in Unreal. The tools found there can help do most (if not all) the things you've been asking about, including this.

Good luck.