Dedicated Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

garfunkle

May 3, 2008
Over the hills and far away!
I was hoping to pay for a dedicated/hosted server for UnrealTournament 2004.
The main reasons for this are because it's the game i'm most familiar with mapping for and the most commonly played game amoung a small clan myself and another member of a particular online community co-founded. Together, myself and the other found are able to create fun maps with custom content, themed or un-themed. Examples of which was a stargate map (though that was for UT'99 and most recently and collection of maps which covered a factory type building and it's areas).

I came here to hopefully find out if there would be people interested in helping me through a 3 month (or so) trial period for the server. It would be a kind of private/closed beta testing where I learn the ins and outs of having a server that is hosted to be permanently active. Also, the main issue is funding which I would hope can come from either advertisement revenue plus money I make myself, or contributions if it became a good enough server.

Really I'm here hoping for advice and encouragement from people, or tips about the best course of action. Thanks for any help people can offer.