Still playing UT? :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
I started up UT 1 after not touching it for years and looked at the servers and was surprised that there really still were last man standing games being played. LMS used to be my favorite game type when I played UT in the early 2000's and I'm glad I could enjoy that experience again.

So the game's still popular? I'm glad to see this. When UT was new, there were only a few good online shooters, so it was logical that it had a large amount of players. Now there's an abundance of these games which are just the same old thing with newer graphics but worse gameplay, and none of them seems to attract my attention as much as UT ever has done. UT has such a smooth gameplay, rarely recreated in modern games, due to wanting to achieve too much or something, I don't know.

Is UT an unbeatable cult classic, or are the people still playing on those LMS servers just some people who are like me who like older games more than newer ones?

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Yes UT is still kickin' around. Glad to see that some people are returning so sit back and enjoy ;)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap. UT still lives :) Mostly because of the reason you stated here. I myself sometimes play it, but I miss VCTF too much so I prefer UT2004, though I come back for some Domination or Co-op :)

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
yea idd, the most populair mod these days is ctf
am more an fan of iDM
but hey.. lets not discuss which type is the best.
every person has his own opinion about it.
still i believe, if u wanna experience the most beautifull gameplay.. play MH :)

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yeah.wb.
UT is obviously a phenomenon.noone really knows...the secret formula but it is immortal.
yes i agree to isense.monsterhunt is a very fun mod and many ppl are playin it.

Edit: the MH-God instaposted me.
salut mon ami ;)

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Yeah, UT is truly strong for those that have played the game before and always want to come back at it to see what kind of mods/mutators have been made over the years (curiosity). But, to my surprise, no other game can beat Counter-Strike which last month I played and saw that there are over 40,000 servers completely active for it and the player count goes over the thousands daily. Both games were released the same year from what I remember but its nice to see that UT players comeback to it.

Derd, I remember testing another version of Krogaar and I would like to know if it was finished so I can go play it :D. Also, if you'd like me to test your Godz version just PM me to let me know... I can't wait to play another one of your maps lol.

MH-Rules!!!

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
Derd, I remember testing another version of Krogaar and I would like to know if it was finished so I can go play it :D. Also, if you'd like me to test your Godz version just PM me to let me know... I can't wait to play another one of your maps lol.

MH-Rules!!!

yeah , thanks you really for these constructive feedback you gave , this helped me a lot :) that krogaar version is finished and is running on some servers already , you can try it out ;)

about my new map , its not a godz one :p its a new map based on a AS one i did for the FoT pack , will be ancient theme , maybe with new monsters , i have some good plans for it , hope it will be good :)

@Erosion : its still the only one UT , others are sequels , and are not named UT , but UT2004 and UT3 ;) :p

Last edited:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
I still play the older Unreal games when I have some free time,but soon I'll be able to play UT3 and GOW,so I have to see about it,just because my school is getting harder and harder.:)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
As for calling the game UT1: I don't mind really. You see, many people tend to become quite confused when you use the normal abbreviation "UT". They simply don't know which UT game you're referring to. UT1 gives them an unmistakable clue.

It should.

:p