[UT2004] Hopefully easy to answer questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
What defines if the vehicles, playerstarts, turrets etc. are being owned by one team in Onslaught? And if they are locked or not by default? And is there a way to get that to work in VCTF as well? Would be nice having a good VCTF library out of ONS maps, like I have a DM library out of CTF, DOM and BR.
Oh, and why bots in VCTF refuse to enter a vehicle some times? Like, they enter a Hellbender, then immediately leave, enter a Manta, leave again and run away.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
The vehicles of each team are locked in the beginning. Because VCTF is made up of cutom and user created maps, the bots may not be as proficient because of the eway the designer set up the bot paths.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
But what defines what team the vehicle belongs to? Like now in my converted VCTF-Torlan you can't use any vehicles except for Goliaths on enemy side. That makes it quite balanced though - goliaths are far away from the enemy flag base. But why do the vehicles in the middle belong to the blue player? And why the Goliaths don't belong to any of the teams?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
VehicleFactories and PlayerStarts are tied to nearby power nodes/cores.
We made special versions of the vehicle factories for Jailbreak. To work around all kinds of problems with Onslaught vehicle factories, any they should actually also work in any other gametype, creating only a dependency on the JBVehicles/JBVehiclesECE package, not any other Jailbreak packages. However, JBVehiclesECE is only part of Jailbreak 2004c, which we didn't get around to releasing yet and JBVehicles will be compatibly updated in JB2004c as well, so you can use the JB2004b version of that package, but should not distribute it. (Download via redirect might be ok.)

[edit]
If you don't want to wait: attached source code for 'myLevel'ing

Attachments

• JBVehicles-src.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
What defines if the vehicles, playerstarts, turrets etc. are being owned by one team in Onslaught? And if they are locked or not by default? And is there a way to get that to work in VCTF as well? Would be nice having a good VCTF library out of ONS maps, like I have a DM library out of CTF, DOM and BR.

You might try using this CTF Converter: http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Map_Converter_CTF;46451

It'll let you convert any ONS (or other gametype map) to CTF, and I believe all the vehicles should work. If you want to mix ONS maps in with other VCTF-native maps, you can use MapMixer (http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/) to add them all, then change the gametype on the ONS maps to CTF Converter if you have it installed.

I think it's a lot less work than editing, or even just renaming maps, and it saves your HD space. Mapmixer also lets you play around with changing other gametypes for specific maps, and you can mix them all together.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Already converted all of them. Well, maybe one or two is left and 2 are somewhat broken (have to remember never, under any circumstances not to rebuild BSP), but actually all work well. I use MapMixer a lot, just sad that it won't display the map desription when loading one in ChaosUT... And that BotMixer doesn't want to work there at all. After those conversions I'll continue converting CTF, BR and DDOM to DM and TDM. By the way, what does UT do when it finds a map with TDM- prefix?