UE2 - UT2kX Help, my character mesh and textures look messed up once imported into UT2004 :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Hey guys, my character mesh and its texture all look messed up once it is imported into UT2004, i don't know what the problem is, i mean, my character looks fine in Maya, like the mesh and the texture is showing up correctly and all, but once i imported it into UT2004, my character look messed up, everything gone wrong , the texture all look screwed up except for the character's jacket, that is the only part where the texture isn't messed up, why is that??? Do u guy know what the problem is??? god forbid is it a bug in UT2004? or maya2008?? that is causing this problem????

Here is a screen shot i took to show u guys of what i'm talking about( http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=helpan5.jpg )

I couldn't figured out what my problem is, i only have 1 mesh and 1 texture file that is properly painted and layout. My character mesh is properly rigged as it animates just fine in Maya, i have double checked that my skeleton has no underscore or spaces.
I'm very disappointed, i spent so much time on the character and it look messed up in UT :( :(:mad::mad::(:(:mad::(:(, please tell me what my problem is!!! :(

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Your textures have alpha channels, and therefore are messing up the sorting. Try removing their alpha channels, save as 24-bit TGAs and re-import the texture again.

Your pants may have their normals inversed. Correct the facing of the normals and re-import again.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Thanks Leilei, my character mesh and its texture is displaying perfectly fine now. Now i have another problem, in maya my character's walk cycle and his attacking animation works perfectly fine, but after importing it into UT2004 and played animations, my character's head got stretched and disjointed from the body when he is doing his attacking animation, and for his walk cycle, his leg look like it's disjointed from the body too, Do u know what is causing this problem??? thanks in advance!! you're a great helper!! :) :) :););):)

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
I cant help but LoL that is FUBAR.... never done any animation so I could be wrong but in the second pic it looks like the hand is connected to the foot bone or something... just looks to me as tho the hand is where a leg should be stretching to.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Never mind, i have resolved my problem! i had 2 extra pieces of separate bones locked onto the character's skeleton to control the leg's movement, so yeah, those bones screwed up my mesh cause it isn't connected with the rest of the skeleton, so yeah, i reconnect them and that fixed my problem!!