UE2 - UT2kX So many textures and meshes!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilS4

Mar 28, 2008
As I find myself creating levels of my own and loving the hell out of it, I find the biggest stumbling point in the later parts of creation is searching through the GIANT LIST of meshes and textures. It is quite a pain in the ass.

Im curious if there is a website or something that has every single texture and mesh included in the 2k4 package. Something that is fairly organized? Seriously, searching for something I want is insanely frustrating.

CHEERS!!

Apr 11, 2006
There's no effective list for textures/meshes that I've seen, aside from browsing through it all, making notes, looking at other levels, and using them. You can always look at UnrealWiki's legacy pages, which has/had a list of general categories of textures and meshes. But it's not at all comprehensive.

As far as meshes go, most of the levels I really like are pretty minimalistic in terms of mesh usage. Choose a couple of basic meshes to start out with, most importantly your lights and possibly any walls/wall decos/trims. Limiting yourself keeps things thematically and visually coherent throughout the level, and often less is more.

Last edited: