PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Insite

Manticore
20th Apr 2008, 02:31 AM
The Future of Insite
posted by T2A`, at: 19:02:47, Monday 14th April 2008

Any readers of BuF should be aware that I do not enjoy UT3 and never enjoyed it at any period over the months I had it installed. I kept hoping Epic would patch it up quickly and its issues would subside and the game would be great fun, but that never happened. I recently uninstalled the game and unless Epic can fix it up I will not reinstall.

So, let's get to the point: I am resigning from Insite. It's been a good four years but there is, in my opinion, too much wrong with UT3 for me to continue. I really miss the old days of UT2004's popularity, both on the servers and here at Insite. How can I continue reviewing for a game I do not enjoy, right?

As for Insite, she's not going anywhere. In theory. Homeslice has all the admin powers necessary to keep the site running as it always has. If he's up for the job then Insite is fine. If not then it is inevitable that the site will slowly grind to a halt. If you find this message still at the top of the news queue in a few weeks then suspect the worst.

It's been fun but it's time for me to go. If you want to help out by becoming a reviewer, feel free to click the "Join Us" link to the right.

cu,
T2A` It's funny I've been having some issues with UT3 and thought recently about whether I should uninstall it; and whether I should just be playing more UT again.

I just now got it to run although I've had a lot of the stuff I've seen on both the BU and Epic forums happening to my installation as well.

Thanks anyway for the(In)site. I'd review a few maps myself but I don't have as much time as I used to.

See you.:tup:

[VaLkyR]Anubis
26th Apr 2008, 10:54 AM
Oh man,that are sad news.Sure,it is T2A`'s opinion about UT3,I don't played UT3 yet,but all things I have seen are breathtaking and my opinion about the game from the pictures is very different to his.However,I hope he is still in the UT2004 business or not,just because when I played at FragBU with him,it was much fun.;)

Homeslice
18th May 2008, 12:53 AM
Ooh, what happened to the site? I don't see anything on it at all now!

haarg
18th May 2008, 01:11 AM
http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=11811

SkaarjMaster
12th Aug 2008, 07:38 PM
well I guess title of this thread is answered.:(

[VaLkyR]Anubis
13th Aug 2008, 04:18 AM
Unfortunately...:(

cosmix
16th Aug 2008, 05:49 PM
Thx for all the reviews! For me I can say that I like UT3 same as UT2004. But Im ever more an Onslaught guy and now shiped to WAR and VCTF.
I think that these gametypes are much more playable and better to handle on UT3 than DM. Never played DM but people told me.
I really hope that there will be a comeback someday. Maybe with 'Unreal Tournament 4'?
You guys did a great job to the community. Thx.

SkaarjMaster
19th Sep 2008, 08:30 AM
we're not dead........we're just pining for the fjords.;)

scirmast
21st Oct 2008, 06:36 PM
I am interested - how much traffic did Insite get every month?

SkaarjMaster
1st Apr 2009, 08:09 AM
Insite coming back soon!:)

(stay tuned, film at 11 or sooner)

April Fools!;)

(don't crowd the room, plenty of room here, hello, hello, hell-o-o-o-o-o, anybody here-ear-ear-ear........)

Sjosz
1st Apr 2009, 06:37 PM
Insite coming back soon!:)

(stay tuned, film at 11 or sooner)

April Fools!;)

(don't crowd the room, plenty of room here, hello, hello, hell-o-o-o-o-o, anybody here-ear-ear-ear........)

Almost funny! :(

SkaarjMaster
27th Mar 2011, 10:42 AM
Actually, the future doesn't look too bright right now.:(:eek:

Sir_Brizz
27th Mar 2011, 03:32 PM
it will be back up shortly.

SkaarjMaster
4th Apr 2011, 06:54 PM
I guess shortly is a relative term.;)

Sir_Brizz
4th Apr 2011, 10:21 PM
yes.

SkaarjMaster
6th Jul 2011, 10:34 AM
Is Insite ever coming back? Just wondering because my sig is stored there.

Sir_Brizz
6th Jul 2011, 01:59 PM
Eventually, yes. Hopefully sometime this week.

Firefly
6th Jul 2011, 02:12 PM
Is Insite ever coming back? Just wondering because my sig is stored there.

not anymore apparently

SkaarjMaster
6th Jul 2011, 07:31 PM
We'll find out when it's up.:)

SkaarjMaster
1st Nov 2011, 10:01 PM
Any reason why the link to Insite now goes to totalwar.org?

Firefly
2nd Nov 2011, 01:43 PM
"Unreal tournament 4 - total war"

we can dream :D

SkaarjMaster
25th Feb 2012, 09:54 PM
So at this point can we assume Insite is lost forever and never coming back up?:(

Sir_Brizz
26th Feb 2012, 12:41 AM
We still have all the data. Going further from there is time consuming and I just haven't had the time to devote to it.

If you want your signature back, email it to me and I'll put it up somewhere else. If you don't have it, let me know what the name of it was so I can move it on the server.

SkaarjMaster
27th May 2012, 10:41 PM
Any chance we can get text version of all the Insite reviews (or even just the reviews) somehow?

Also, my sig is named after me if you can find it. I can get you the exact name once I'm back home. Thank you.

Sir_Brizz
28th May 2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I can get those at some point. I want to make BU into a site that just rolls all of these different content sites into one. That would also involve merging Insite in.

SkaarjMaster
17th Aug 2012, 07:12 PM
Any chance of this happening soon? Maybe at least just bring Insite back up until it's done?:)

SkaarjMaster
7th Oct 2012, 08:45 PM
Closest we're going to get::)
http://web.archive.org/web/20081218013950/http://insite.beyondunreal.com/

SkaarjMaster
16th Feb 2014, 06:01 PM
Wow, this part of the forum is still running.:)