The Mysterious U on the Game Tab

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Okay, everyone is always freaking out about the little U symbol on the scoreboard. I got tired of it and went poking through the mess of code that the UI consists of. Here are the relevant output lines in UTGame\UTDrawPlayerListPanel.uc:108 (from version 1.1):
Code:
if (PRI.bReadyToPlay)
{
     Canvas.SetPos(0,Y);
     Canvas.DrawTile(Texture2D'UI_HUD.HUD.UI_HUD_BaseC',28*ResScale*0.7,23*ResScale*0.7,821,183,28,23);
}
It should be prety self explanatory, but if not... it basically says (along with some later code) "If this player has clicked Ready, show this image before their name".

So there you have it. I had previously thought it had to do with the UDamage, but this clearly shows that it does not.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Duh? I have been saying this for months. I even said on the Epic forums "look in the code if you don't believe me it's right there ffs"

DocB

Where does it hurt?
Apr 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Fairly useless and it doesn't always register. (But I'll still pretend that I'm getting a reward for exceptional play.)

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
I thought it was this for a long time, but it often doesn't seem to correspond with the actual game, in addition to being entirely useless when players must be ready is turned off.