Friends & messages

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sleeperservice

Mar 20, 2008
An Insignificant Planet
I can't seem to get either of these to work. Is there some trick?

I can invite someone to be my friend. And they can invite me. But if I Accept it just sends them another friend request and never adds anyone to my friends list. Wtf? Oh, not being able to add someone as a friend during a game? Like, when you're most likely to want to do it. What's that about? Why couldn't they just include irc...

& the only way I can send a message is to send a friend request & include the message in that! Rubbish.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I wish I was allowed to reply to a message instead of having to hit "Ok".

Yeah, thanks for telling me and not letting me respond.

awaw

I didn't survive the '08 BUF crash
Jan 19, 2008
A friend invite means you allow the other one to add you to his list. If you want to have him in the list, he must send you one too (UT3 automatically opens a new invite, but unfortunately MANY people don't send it).

You can invite people ingame. Press esc and switch to the scoreboard tab. Select the player and then you either have a new button add friend or you need to rightclick - forgot which one.

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
If you send a friend request and he accepts, then he'll be prompted with another friend request toward you which HE MUST SEND, or else you won't be on each other's lists. They were trying to go for a mutual agreement, but they didn't make a stopping point once they mutually agreed. :hmm:

Other than that, I've had no problems with the friend lists.