PDA

View Full Version : UT2kX DM-Kothoga - final-BETA

Pandemonium
15th Apr 2008, 01:21 PM
Hi,

this is some kind of remake of DM-Morbias for UT2004. Playable with up to 5 or 6 players. If you find any bugs please let me know..

Thanks so far to: "GreenLoves" (for some of the nice plants), Revelation, Swanky, milb, WickedBohn, Atomic, FrozenDozer, Lenvris and all other guys from unrealed.de who gave me advice. :)

DOWNLOAD (6.0MB): http://home.arcor.de/pandemonium1/beta-maps/DM-Kothoga-BETA2.rar

Greets, Pande

Adelheid
15th Apr 2008, 01:40 PM
There's a touch of Fractal in there too I feel, which makes me like it (I hate Morbias).

7/10

PsyXandeR
15th Apr 2008, 01:58 PM
8.5/10 ... :clap:

BSP could be a little bit more complex but it is ok in a way it is now. And ... hmm ... you could place some more decos in those small open spaces, and some rocks/crystals / something except of course those columns , that would increase Awe :p Anyways good job! :)

Wail of Suicide
15th Apr 2008, 02:49 PM
The Egyptian textures throw it off a bit for me, but I really like the overall overgrown temple look. Downloaded and will comment after playing. If it's big enough I'll recommend it goes on DW Invasion server.

evilmrfrank
15th Apr 2008, 06:06 PM
Haven't played this but I really dig the real clean feeling the level gives. Looks really good :) Did a good job on the lighting as well.

Pandemonium
16th Apr 2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks!

Some more different decos will be added. Also the lifts will be rebuild, too cubic at the moment..

If anyone finds a bug please let me know.

-

Adelheid
16th Apr 2008, 10:48 AM
... you could place some more decos in those small open spaces, and some rocks/crystals / something except of course those columns , that would increase Awe :p Anyways good job! :)

I think rocks would be best, crystals might be too much... and I hate crystals :D

Wail of Suicide
17th Apr 2008, 02:37 AM
Not really totally your fault, but when I was playing this level I felt absolutely dwarfed by the surroundings. And not really in a good way, but as in, "Wow, I am about half as tall as one of these blocks" way.

Pandemonium
17th Apr 2008, 07:47 AM
You're right, some of the textures are scaled a bit "big". But I won't change them because this would make the entire map look different in size.

Thanks for telling me anyway.