UE1 - UT CTF Bot Pathing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
I've finally gotten to where I can path for my CTF map. I've placed all the pathnodes I think I need, and I went to the Wiki to look up the AlternatePath actors, but I have no idea where they are supposed to go and how to set them up. I tried looking at stock CTF maps, but that was even more confusing.

Here's the Wiki: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:AlternatePath

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
I suppose I should clarify. Hate to sound rushed, as its only been a day, but I'm pretty close to prepping the map for beta testing.

My map has a ground level with basic trenches for defense with side hallways one floor up also for defense. Both provide routes to the opposing base, as the map is symmetrical. I placed just pathnodes and tested the map, but found that if the bots even got on the route to the base, they only went the ground level route. After some research I realized I needed AlternatePath actors to change their routes and make sure they actually got on the right path. Can somebody help me with setting these up?

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Alternate paths is probably the only thing I haven't touched relating to bot paths. What I have read is that bots select on a alternate path, take the shortest route to it, from there, the shortest path to the flagbase.

To make sure bots are able to calculate a route to the flag, make sure there are no breaks in the bot path (they are in line of sight to each other)