Specs question, mainly checking power supply

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
At the moment I'm running:
Gigabyte M57SLI-S4,
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (2.31GHz),
3.25GB RAM (4GB, but I'm on 32-bit XP so my graphics card and something else cuts into the total memory),
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB,
2x Western Digital 250GB HDD,
HP Lightscribe DVDRW.

I'm not sure what the PSU is as the one I bought with all the above was causing problems so it was replaced straight away and I don't know what the new one is off the top of my head.

Basically I'm going to order this 8800GT tomorrow and I wanted to check that this power supply unit is definately alright.
Preferably able to run the above rig plus two of the 8800GT cards I linked, as I may add a second in the future.

I'm fairly confident it'll be okay, but worrying about PSU specs is something fairly new to me (I always just used the case ones) and I wanted to be sure before I spend the money.

Thanks for any input.

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
Alright, cheers.
I read that Nvidia recommend a 600W for two cards and put my specs into a calculator site that came out as 575W, so I've gone with the Corsair 620W just to be safe.

Thanks.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Yeah the Corsair ones are getting great reviews. I have a 520W myself and darnit it hasn't failed me yet. Best thing is though it's very quiet too so go for the Corsair one.