UT3 CTF-Safeguard 2 - Download Available

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should I overwrite the origanal Version?

• Yes - CTF-Safegurd

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No - CTF-Safegurd2

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
PC-DOWNLOAD
PS3-DOWNLOAD
Thanks again Anuban for the cook

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, I've made allot of changes to my map since last release because I just love working on it and making it better, I wasn't going to release it, but I've changed quite a bit to make it better. the changes are quite small though and prob only interest those who want better visuals with it.

some of the changes include

I've done quite a bit and am so happy with it now. So there you go guys. Hopefully this gets updated on the servers too.

• Added meshes to the shield belt room ceiling.
  • Changed meshes used on the belt room windows
  • Changed the Post processing volume to increase contrast from bright and dark areas
  • Increased brightness of some lights
  • Reduced the blue effect of the fog.
  • Increased brightness of alarm lights
  • changed position of the flak cannon
  • Removed the window from the flag room to the main hall stairs
  • Added timer to the alarm so it will not continuously sound
  • Added Udamage
  • Added meshes and changed textures around the centre health
  • changed stair case by flak cannon
  • Re-meshed area under team logo at the main entrance
  • Removed bright lights that did not have light source
  • Added a few meshes here and there
  • Added texture path by rocket and stinger
  • Changed textures/meshes used rarely to a frequently used texture/mesh
  • Fixed being able to fire though one of the entrance windows
  • Updated UI images
  • Fixed some red lights in blue base to blue
  • Re arranged the meshes used by the team coloured grilled doors by the flak cannon.
  • Added cull distance volume to make performance even better
  • Added mesh to left curved entrance floor
  • Added A mega structure to the background to act as the supports that hold the map high in the air
  • Changes the fog so that it does not black out the view when viewing the horizon
  • Added cull distance to allot of the buildings
A Level for UT3

-----------------------------------------------------
General Info

Title: CTF-SafeGuard

Filename: CTF-SafeGuard_V1_2.zip

Author: Bryan Sparksman

EMail Address: sparky_1309@hotmail.com

Release Date: 2th Mar 08

Version: 2.0

Credits:

The content of this level was taken all from the retail version of UT3, I did modify some materials, but a big thanks to EPIC for putting their content into well sort out groups, I would not have been able to do this if it was not for this level of organization.

Thanks to "Larathiel eMail" who created this map for UT1, this map was great, and was simple enough to be the very first map I have made.

Installation

Unzip CTF-SafeGuard.zip

Move all files into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Type "open CTF- SafeGuard" in the console, or select the level in a multiplayer/instant action game.

If you find you are seeing low detail meshes when you play. This is not a problem with my map rather a problem with your game setup. I have managed to fix this for myself.
What I suggest you do, is uninstall, reinstall, patch, and then create the custom maps folder. Next time you play the map, all should look good!

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Bryan Sparksman.

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission from the original author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission. Please Email me regarding any changes you require.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine cover disk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

screenshot00024pq5.png

screenshot00025aa5.png

screenshot00012yt9.png

screenshot00016cq0.png

screenshot00048le9.png

screenshot00047ty6.png

screenshot00023qh8.png

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
thanks, Im just going to play test it with the U damage, and maybe make a few more changes because I want it to be perfect when I submit it in the make something unreal contest.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Does it still have the alarm when the flag is off the base? If so, I'd recommend removing that entirely.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
thats a bit negative, there are other options, some people just so happen to like it, so if i get rid of it entirely then those who liked it would be disappointed. I could reduce the radius to the flag room, or reduce the volume? maybe implement a timer so it would time out after a min

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
I think it would be pretty noisy if the alarm went off for both flags. Maybe restrict it so only the team whos flag has been stolen hears the alarm. I do not know if that is possible though.

Trat

Tr@t
Jul 26, 2005
Europe
Ow, looks nice indeed. I played the original pretty often. Hope you make a PS3 cook when its final.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We played it at FragBU last weekend and everyone loved the map. Pretty much everyone there mentioned that they didn't like the alarms. I (mistakenly) thought that I saw you were removing those from this version.

I think it's a great conversion of a really fun map and find the alarms a little annoying but not a deal-breaker. I'm just curious what prompted you to put them in?

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
I could reduce the radius to the flag room, or reduce the volume? maybe implement a timer so it would time out after a min
I'd at least suggest a timer. I vaguely recall other maps in the ut series having alarms when the flag was picked up but they cut out after 3 seconds or so. Having the alarm constantly blare at you during a heated match gets a bit annoying.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Ow, looks nice indeed. I played the original pretty often. Hope you make a PS3 cook when its final.
Hmmm I actully dont know how to cook for Ps3, the version 1.2 has been Ps3 cooked but unless someone does so with this version, I probably will not.

Hmmm of cause I welcome everyone's comments, I shell try implement a timer say 3 secs, if I cant get it to work ill remove it

We played it at FragBU last weekend and everyone loved the map.
I think it's a great conversion of a really fun map and find the alarms a little annoying but not a deal-breaker. I'm just curious what prompted you to put them in?

Thanks hal that means allot, its good to hear its getting around frag BU, if i had Internet in my game PC i would join in :(
I put them in because sometimes I would spawn and not realise the enemy has the flag, I guess its just me, but the flag taken Icon just does not stick out to me enought, I thought the alarm was a good reminder. O well the people have spoken, so I shall Listen.

Something really Important I want peoples opinion about is weather or not to replace the original version, as some servers obviously host it now, I don't want incompatibility, should I call it CTF-Safeguard 2 or overwrite?

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I love the alarm since no other map has it, CTF-SearchLight has the light that fallows the flag carrier but thats about it.

It makes Safeguard (should i say 2) unique.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Is there a link for this level yet? Also I will be happy to cook this for you again man if you would like. Just pm me a link to the unpublished file as before. I really like this version with all these new additions/changes. Looking forward to it.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Kool thanks, man, yeh I just cant stop working on it, I've made even more changes, Like added a liquid tank at the entrance at the end of both walk ways. updated images to show this. Also added an image the shows the subtraction in the ceiling meshed up for the Udamage in the centre over the health

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Kool thanks, man, yeh I just cant stop working on it, I've made even more changes, Like added a liquid tank at the entrance at the end of both walk ways. updated images to show this. Also added an image the shows the subtraction in the ceiling meshed up for the Udamage in the centre over the health

Well as long as the frame rate is not negatively impacted then you should do what you want ... just don't get too crazy. ;)

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
woops I quoted my original post... umm what should I say here.. um in regards to performance its as good as it has always been, and dont worry Anuban, I dont test it on my sig machine haha, I have a lower grade PC, it still seems to do better then the retail maps

Last edited: