UE3 - UT3 Sky package error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

faytmye

Feb 12, 2008
Hello everyone, I know the Unreal 3 Editor isnt completely stable yet but ive been having a strange bug as of late, the Sky package wont open anymore despite working perfectly for a while. Everytime i open the Sky package it crashes the editor (all other packages open fine).

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be or should i reinstall UT3? I'm using the latest patch too just in case you were wondering.

Thanks for any help!

faytmye

Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for your reply, as far as im aware of i havent edited the file nor do i get a log after the crash. I may try a reinstall later tonight and see how that goes, will post back if it works or not.

faytmye

Feb 12, 2008
Well a fresh reinstall didnt do any justice but i did find the problem and fixed it. There was a Un_Sky file in the 'Documents/My Games...etc' folder, i deleted it and now the orginal package opens in UnrealEd.