UE3 - UT3 Good tutorial for fire?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Danja

Mar 16, 2008
Near Toronto (Canada)
I'm making a map with sort of a destroyed underground facility theme (cliche I know, but It's for UEd4 practice), and I need to have some fire (or Fiya, depending on if you're trying to summon Captain Planet).

Anyone have a tutorial for how to add fire?

If so, thank you :D

Cryosis

Jan 19, 2008
Check out the fire emitters in the envy effects packages, they should give you a good idea how to build your own

Danja

Mar 16, 2008
Near Toronto (Canada)
Do I need to find a texture with the different frames of the animation on a grid, and then set the grid size, like in the 2k4 editor? (I never really got the hang of that... it was ages ago)

Dante

Born Ex Nihilo
Mar 2, 2008
Lithuania
Do I need to find a texture with the different frames of the animation on a grid, and then set the grid size, like in the 2k4 editor? (I never really got the hang of that... it was ages ago)

Its called Particle Emitter, these are with yellow frames around them in generic Browser. They usually play all sorts of simple effects, fire in this case.

Last edited: