PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Released: Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena V4

BattleMode
13th Mar 2008, 04:19 AM
Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena are game types where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this.

With Battle Team Arena you can die only once. Once all members of a team are eliminated the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

With Battle Freezetag Arena instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen or dead the other team gets a point and wins the round.

Battle Freezetag Arena specific features:
* You get frozen from enemy fire and you can die from the environment (e.g. lava or falling)
* If you are frozen and someone pushes you into goo or lava you thaw very fast
* If you are frozen you slowly thaw
* If you stand close to a frozen team mate they thaw faster
* If you stand close to a living team mate with higher health than you, you get health
* You get 2 points for thawing a team mate
* Enhanced bot and squad AI that is Freezetag aware

Generic Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena features:
* Detailed stats in the HUD if you press F3 (cycle through all players with PageUp/PageDown)
* 50% reverse friendly fire
* You can see the health of team mates in the floating nametags
* While you are dead (or frozen) you can use primary fire to watch team mates, secondary to view yourself
* While spectating you can use jump to toggle between 1st and 3rd person look
* FOV can be up to 120 (instead of 100)
* Hitsounds with a pitch that depends on the amount of damage
* Custom scoreboard showing PPH, Deaths, Kills and who is frozen or dead
* You get 1 point per kill, 1 point per 100 damage
* All players start with 100 health, 100 armor and all weapons
* All pickups are removed from the map
* Anti camping, a warning after 10 seconds, after 15 seconds you start losing health
* Challenge mode: E.g. if red has 3 round points more that blue, red players will start with 85 health and 85 shield and blue players will start with 115 health and 115 shield
* Allows all map types (things like power nodes, flag bases are all removed from the map)
* 3 dimensional radar allowing you to locate all your team mates
* Round timer, after 120 seconds the round is over and everyone starts losing health
* The HUD shows the top 7 players of every team including health of your team mates

Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (includes instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

Detailed statistics:
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/bta_s9.jpg

Overview (freezetag):
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/bta_s5.jpg

3 dimensional radar; bigger/brighter=above you; smaller/darker=below you:
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/bta_s4.jpg

virgo47
13th Mar 2008, 04:23 PM
I downloaded, unpacked, put into directories. New gametype appeared but after start game normal deathmatch started (on any chosen map - that is also on CTF, whatever). I guess notes about replacing DM are for servers (I hope). Should I do more for simple non-networked arena game?

Argus
13th Mar 2008, 06:12 PM
I downloaded, unpacked, put into directories. New gametype appeared but after start game normal deathmatch started (on any chosen map - that is also on CTF, whatever). I guess notes about replacing DM are for servers (I hope). Should I do more for simple non-networked arena game?

I don't know what went wrong for you, but I did exactly the same and it works fine in instant action for me.

It's a great mod, well worth the download. :clap:

Al
13th Mar 2008, 06:50 PM
Works fine here too. I run it on my server.

WishmasterNL
14th Mar 2008, 12:47 PM
Looking good. But has a few bugs.

1) Im not getting ammo after I die.
2) Camper warning shows up at 5 secs.
3) Teams are spawning too close to the other team, some even in the enemy base.

Dunno If any one has the same probs...

Good luck!

BattleMode
14th Mar 2008, 01:15 PM
Looking good. But has a few bugs. 1) Im not getting ammo after I die. 2) Camper warning shows up at 5 secs. I have heard neither of these before. Do you mean you get a set of empty weapons? Are you running UT3 1.2?

3) Teams are spawning too close to the other team, some even in the enemy base. Currently I use UT3 default spawning, no changes there. I have looking into this on my to do list.

Argus
14th Mar 2008, 01:41 PM
Oh, yeah, I have a glitch too.

I like to change the bots I play with on Instant Action occasionally. When I change the list of bots, and it's at the same amount as the old list of bots, the old bots appear instead of the new bots.
If I add more bots to the list, the old bots show up, with some other randomly selected bots [Which aren't on the list] as well.

WishmasterNL
14th Mar 2008, 02:03 PM
I have heard neither of these before. Do you mean you get a set of empty weapons? Are you running UT3 1.2?

Currently I use UT3 default spawning, no changes there. I have looking into this on my to do list.
Joined the server with the BFA mod. Could use my weapons the first round - but after the round I didn't had any ammo. Tried to reconnect but still the same problem. And yes, Im using the 1.2 Patch

virgo47
14th Mar 2008, 02:27 PM
Do you use -nohomedir setup? I mean those who succeeded. :-)

EDIT: Confirmed. When I started without -nohomedir it worked. I don't know why. I use -nohomedir, so I assume that <install_dir>/UTGame/Config is the same like my .../My Docs.../My Games/UTGame/Config and that <install_dir>/Published/CookedPC should work like .../My Docs.../My Games/UTGame/Published/CookedPC.

It indeed works the same for custom maps - and I can even select gametype - but then... it does work like deathmatch. Is the problem with UT3 or the Mod? Is it possible to support -nohomedir setup or is it a problem that can't be solved? Didn't you somewhere hardcoded My Documents/My Games... to search .u/.upk files for? :-)

I'm just asking, because I don't understand it thoroughly by no means.

BattleMode
18th Mar 2008, 09:22 AM
Is it possible to support -nohomedir setup or is it a problem that can't be solved? Yes it is. E.g. on my servers it is set up that way. You have to use the server configuration as described in the readme if you are using -nohomedir.

Didn't you somewhere hardcoded My Documents/My Games... to search .u/.upk files for? :-) No, -nohomedir behavior is defined by UT3, not by me.

BattleMode
18th Mar 2008, 09:23 AM
Joined the server with the BFA mod. Could use my weapons the first round - but after the round I didn't had any ammo. Tried to reconnect but still the same problem. And yes, Im using the 1.2 Patch Hm, this is very weird. Many people are playing it without this problem. Which server is this?

Al
18th Mar 2008, 09:36 AM
Hey BattleMode! Any word on the next release? :)

BattleMode
18th Mar 2008, 09:43 AM
Hey BattleMode! Any word on the next release? :) I intend to do some work on BFA/BTA next weekend so I will probably have a new version in 1-2 weeks.

Al
18th Mar 2008, 03:49 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

virgo47
18th Mar 2008, 04:56 PM
Yes it is. E.g. on my servers it is set up that way. You have to use the server configuration as described in the readme if you are using -nohomedir.

No, -nohomedir behavior is defined by UT3, not by me.

Thanks for notes... server setup is less convenient. Too bad that -nohomedir doesn't work like one would naively expected. ;-)