UE1 - UT Native code: Redirect DLL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Citizen

Feb 8, 2008
Hi,

I have a native code .dll as part of a mutator I'm making. I've got it all working, it wasn't easy navigating the native code minefield, but its solid.

What I need to do is distribute the DLL to all the players who join the server. I want to do it exactly the same way as UTDC does, that is, via redirect. It's a damn shame the UTDC code is impossible to read.

From UT Package Tool, it seems UTDC sends the .dll as "music" in the UTDCvXXDLL.u package.

- How can I place the DLL as music in a package like this?
- How can I 'extract' the DLL, on the client, from the package into a file?
- How can I check, in UScript, a) If the client has the .dll installed (extracted) and b) The .dll's checksum (if possible)?

Help much appreciated :)

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
It would be best if you have clients install the package manually, as it's not a good idea for any mod to install a .dll file automatically (enormous potential for abuse there).

What is it you're working on anyhow? (I don't understand why you need to do a checksum)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Maybe there's a way to call ucc or some native export method.