UE3 - UT3 Kismet Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I need a action switch/toggle that will basically cut all connections from "In" to "Out" once a clock enters "toggle". Like in the picture below.

kismetquestionpngnf2.png

I tried all available switches and toggle, and it doesn't seem to give me want I want. Anyone know how I could work this out? Thanks.

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
Are you saying that you want to cut it when a clock reaches a certain time? Tried making a comparison action? "If I've passed this time, cut it" :)

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
Make a boolean variable, test for it between the bunch of actions and the switch in the center. Set it to true initially, and with a clock thingy set it to false once enough time has passed.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Are you saying that you want to cut it when a clock reaches a certain time?:)

No, a counter below is going to shoot that clock. Why I want to do this is because a bunch of AI factories are going in, and I want to make it stop. Abort inside the factories don't work since all the connections are out of "all dead" so it never ends, I thought that having a manual cut in there would do it.

Make a boolean variable, test for it between the bunch of actions and the switch in the center. Set it to true initially, and with a clock thingy set it to false once enough time has passed.

Not sure exactly what you're suggesting here. Maybe it's because I haven't worked with boolean so far, but maybe if you could picture me that, I'd get it. :)

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
A boolean is just a true or false check, isn't it what you need? "If the counter shot the clock" - return true and cut. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Okay I just messed and I think I get the point of "Compare bool". How do I make the variable take the clock effect and change to "False"?

kismetquestion2pngnf8.png

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
You need to add a "New Action > Set Variable > Bool" that is activated somewhere in your clock effect. So let's say you want the compare bool to always return true and cut it with false - your default bool in the image should be true. Add the set variable node, connect target to your bool, add a new bool with false to value.

So let's say I want to use button A, but for the door to open, I need to press button B first. So when I press button B, it must send a true value to my compare bool for Button A.

I hope it's understandable. :)

Edit*
This should help (image)
http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08111/kismetsample419.png
kismetsample419.png

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Heck yeah. :)
Worked. Thanks.

Now I'll be able to make the final scene without all the dummies spawning in my movies.

willhaven

bPimp=False
Aug 18, 1999
www.planetunreal.com
You can also use a Toggle on/off to Toggle true/false of a Bool. In that particular instance, I would have used a Gate action (G+click). You can set a Gate to be initially closed, then Button A would go to the Open of the gate and Button B would go to the In of the Gate.

I only use Bools if I want something specific to happen if Button A hasn't already been pressed.

FWIW there are a few useful shortcuts too:

G+Click - Gate
B+Click - Bool
Ctrl+B+Click - Compare Bool
T+Click - Toggle