About XFire, problem with in-game interface

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
Hey peeps!

I was wondering if some of you XFire users had run into this problem but it seems like the in-game chatting and interface is too small. Look at the attached picture for an overview.

Does anyone know the problem or has a solution?

Attachments

• XFire.JPG
    XFire.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 40

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
Does this only happen in UT:GoTY?

Just wondering.. AFAIK, could just be a resolution problem..

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
This didn't work. I tried 800X600 pixels but the in-game interface was all the same just a bit larger but out of focus. See attached picture below.

Well, when I clicked with the mouse (The mouse on the picture with the X near it) I clicked the highlighted line in the interface, very strange indeed.

Attachments

• XFire2.JPG
    XFire2.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 16

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
So how do I resize it since I can't click the resize thingy on the windows due to when I click somewhere the interface reacts like I'm clicking somewhere else?

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
Allright, managed to hit the button.

This doesn't make any sense at all. I resized it but it's still out of focus! :mad:

Attachments

• XFire3.JPG
    XFire3.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 18

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Peculiar.

What renderer are you using with UT? If it is the custom OpenGL one, you may have issues. I know XFire doesn't support OFP with the DxDLL "mod" (but the sexy nightvision overrides my need to communicate). Switch to D3D and try it like that.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I'm using D3D :(

Maybe this is just some problem with my graphics card? I have ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 which does support DirectX9.0c which XFire 2.0 requires you to have.

Last edited:

.meåbaß

Jan 23, 2008
Have you been holding control while running the scrollwheel over the box? Since Xfire is pretty much an IE shell with a couple of extra features you should see if that'll fix the size problem.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
:)
a bit ot,but i want to say tnx for our ot-mates checking and helping out here.we could need helping hands over here idd.
:cheers:

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I tried having mouse over window, pressing Ctrl + Scrolling but nothing happened. I tried the D3D9 but then my XFire in-game didn't show up. Any more ideas? :(

Last edited:

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
NO MATE !!! :p

its the chatscreen in xfire it had nothing to do with the renders trough UT
on your screenshot on the first page, u see the screen in the rightcorner.. press that needle sign thingie above in the right corner of that screen, press that one or u can try the following :

go in xfire options, and disable ingame chat

goodluck

Last edited:

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I knew this already, I have the XFire in-game enabled and I figured it out that if I largened the Chat window, the text would come more readable. I just try reading it and if I can't, I close UT and read it in the XFire outof-games (Normal XFire windows).

I'm really starting to think this problem has it's roots by my video card, very sloppy one, ATi Mobility (Since I have a laptop) Radeon X1600.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I've figured out something suspicious. I ran Unreal Tournament 3 and saw that the in-game there was OK but it was not with the UT: GOTY? This problem must have something to do with UT: GOTY in someway since I can call up XFire In-Game with UT3 properly.

Does anyone get any sense of this? :)