Jumpy Gameplay/Cinematic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeityHippo

Feb 28, 2008
Alright, so i recently found my ut99 (LEGIT) disc (if you want proof its legit i'll post) and i installed it all with no problems

Because it was so excited, i was ready to play with any graphic display mode, so at the first time configuration, i picked software rendered.

Ut started, i first noticed that the cinematic was jumpy, i dismissed it as a cinematic problem, so i jumped into gameplay. Samething, the gameplay was jumpy, jumpy ie.

I walk normally for maybe a second and then jump 2 seconds forward into the game, eg.
i start walking a bridge in normal gameplay, then i jump 2-3 seconds forward off the bridge, get it?

i heard there are some fixes but i haven't found any on google, any help would be appreciated as this is the best ****ing game ever!

DeityHippo

Feb 28, 2008
scratch what i said before, i started to try and play assault, and i noticed the time limit was going down extremely quickly, like the seconds tab as quickly as ms and minutes as quick as seconds.

and the game speed is 100% btw

oh and:

Vid card; nVidia 6600 GT latest drivers
2gb ram
2.01 Ghz

DeityHippo

Feb 28, 2008
thanks, but no, not crosshair movement.

Like, the whole game is in like, 10 times speed, so every thing is super fast./

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Sounds like your CPU is more powerful then the original game was designed for, here on my laptop I ran into a problem similar to what you describe, I found the fix was to make a shortcut for the executable with - CPUSPEED= to fix the CPU speed at exactly the needed speed.

Do a forum search for

CPUSPEED=

and you should find the info you need :)

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
It's an Ultra Common Dual Core problem. After starting UT, minimize it, open the Task Manager, find UnrealTournament.exe, right-click, select "Set affinity" and deselect one CPU. It will be fixed for that session. You can google a dual core fix as well, there are some, but this one is the quickest fix.
It is caused as some data is spit between two cores and it gets really fast.

DeityHippo

Feb 28, 2008
No, i use either software or direct3d

and guys thanks so much for the info, its my faveourite game and looks like the fix can be applied to the original unreal game aswell, as it is fast aswell

thanks again

DeityHippo

Feb 28, 2008
Looks like the cpuspeed fix didn't work, thats a bummer

my processor is 2.01 ghz, which is 2010 mhz im assuming, i set that as my cpu speed and it was too fast

so i set cpuspeed to 3000, it was running fine but it was still choppy, maybe 2 seconds of normal speed then 1 second of super speed

:(

DeityHippo

Feb 28, 2008
ah, i fixed it myself, now ut is running as smooth as ever.

it seems like i already had dual core optimizer installed (yes i do have dual cores :()

so i installed it and everything started to work

great success hygh fyve