UT3 Lego Map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
From LordSimeon - ever the creative level designer - comes DM-lego for UT3. Ordinarily, we'd pop in a few pics to show you what it looks like. In this case, however, a video seems more suitable!

dub

Feb 12, 2002
:lol: quite a neat idea and well executed with most the bricks having physics.
Not sure how this will stand up game play wise, as I can imagine one minute into a round and there will be virtually no cover left, but should be fun alone for novelty value.
I wonder if the frame rate is affected much by all those physics based bricks...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I guess it's a must-try one time experience fun especially if you like Legos and physics. I haven't tried it for myself yet, probably will eventually...

LordSimeon should work on a remix of Bomb-Omb Battlefield 64. :)

Last edited:

Brits_Hit

Flak Monkey
Aug 1, 2003
Toronto, Canada
dynamic5.gamespy.com
Fun map for the most part, but the novelty of blowing the houses apart brick-by-brick runs out pretty quick and by that time the level has been reduced to a flat plane, which isn't all that exciting, gameplay-wise.

Still, this map was fun to try out and see how effective each weapon is at destroying the LEGOs, and it was very cool watching certain things crash down on top of one another. :)

Last edited:

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
I wonder if the frame rate is affected much by all those physics based bricks...

No, it hardly does anything to the fps. And I heard that the PS3 runs it also well.
The cool thing about is of course that mappers can use something likewise as a game mechanic in the feature, now that we know it doesn't hit hard on the fps.

Last edited:

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
I wish my map made the front page
Bazzwano, we have a (long standing) policy over here at BU. If you have something for the frontpage, send a tip for it via pm to one of the (awesome) guys who post news updates. They will judge then if it is good enough. No tip = most probably, no frontpage.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Fun exploit: Stand on a fallen Lego brick, look directly down at it, jump and immediately shoot it with flak primary. Make sure you're in the air at least a tiny bit before you shoot!

Provided you were actually airborne when the shot goes off, this will knock the brick upwards very high into the air and it'll carry you with it. :)